Emeril’s All Natural Vodka Sauce (Pasta Sauce)
  • Although it still seems to have a bit too much tanginess to it, as is the problem with most store-bought sauces, it has good flavor and it's not too expensive
  • Emeril's sauces are a bit pricier than other pasta sauces, but I really recommend purchasing them over other, cheaper brands
  • I think what I like most about this sauce is the consistency
  • There's also a few small tomato chunks throughout the sauce, but not so much that I feel like I'm just eating tomatoes (as is the case with Prego, in my opinion)
  • In my experience, it typically comes from not cooking the sauce long enough, so I have tried simmering the sauce for a while before serving it with pasta, but it doesn't seem to do too much good

• by Melanie Noell

I’m not a big fan of store-bought pasta sauce, but this is one of my favorites. Although it still seems to have a bit too much tanginess to it, as is the problem with most store-bought sauces, it has good flavor and it’s not too expensive.

Emeril’s sauces are a bit pricier than other pasta sauces, but I really recommend purchasing them over other, cheaper brands. The taste and consistency are much better, and the price is only about a dollar or

two more than most other brands.

I think what I like most about this sauce is the consistency. There is enough thickness to this sauce that it is full and almost creamy for a tomato sauce, but it isn’t necessarily chunky. There’s also a few small tomato chunks throughout the sauce, but not so much that I feel like I’m just eating tomatoes (as is the case with Prego, in my opinion.) It’s also not too watered down, and if you let the sauce simmer in a pot for a bit, it develops a really rich consistency.

The taste of this sauce is also much better than most sauces, but I don’t know that it really tastes like a typical vodka sauce. It’s definitely not a true marinara sauce, but I think it is much closer to a marinara than a vodka, lacking the full flavor of a vodka sauce. There is a nice sweetness to balance out the tang of the tomatoes, but ...

• Emeril's All Natural Vodka Sauce (Pasta Sauce)
      I don’t think it’s enough to make it a really rich and satisfying sauce. That is where I find my biggest fault with Emeril’s sauce: despite the higher price and big name chef on the label, there is still a persistent bitterness to the sauce that seems present in all bottled tomato sauces. In my experience, it typically comes from not cooking the sauce long enough, so I have tried simmering the sauce for a while before serving it with pasta, but it doesn’t seem to do too much good. However, it’s one of the less tangy tomato sauces I’ve ever tried.

Overall, I will continue buying Emeril’s Vodka Sauce as a quick red sauce to have on hand when I don’t have time to make my own. Although I prefer mixing it with some sort of cream sauce to mellow the tanginess, I still find it to be a good sauce that I would recommend to others who don’t mind paying a little extra.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2730011601560931/k2311a0130/1.30.13