Cox Communications of Las Vegas
2.5
9040 W. Sahara Avenue, Las Vegas NV,
  • I recommend skipping the budget priced “Essentials” plan and going for one of the other packages if you can afford it and don’t mind paying the higher price

• by Aphrodite

I recently switched my Internet and phone service from Century Link to Cox Communications. I needed something with TV, Internet and phone for a decent price. Century Link was great except for the high price of service. The bill kept getting higher every month so I switched.

When I called to order the service, the customer service agent was very polite and helpful with answering questions about the service. We were offered their “Essentials” plan which was budget priced for 6 months as a promotion.

I was surprised to hear that we would only be getting 60 channels with this package and it didn’t include

many of the channels I wanted. I am a huge SyFy channel fan and it was not included in the package and neither was the Travel Channel and many of the other basic cable channels which we are used to watching. I was very unhappy about this but figured this was a trial and if I hated it I could always upgrade or switch back to the other service provider.

The service technician that came out to install the service was very professional and got everything hooked up very quickly. He was on-time and did a great job of making sure that we understood how to ...

• use the remote and cable box.

We had to call them when the service kept going out but they fixed it quickly and we haven’t had any more problems with it since then.

My frustration with the Internet service is that the connection is very slow at times, taking several minutes to load web pages or YouTube videos. The picture freezes and reloads several times while trying to watch a video or movie. Also the video is pixilated in spots with the Internet and the cable TV connection.

While I am pleased with their customer service, I feel that $63 per month is really expensive to just

watch TV. Even with the discounted price, after 6 months the price will be $63 for TV, Internet for $41 and $21 for basic phone.

My opinion of Cox Cable Service is that the service you receive is fine, the pricing is inflated for the bare minimal of channels.

I recommend skipping the budget priced “Essentials” plan and going for one of the other packages if you can afford it and don’t mind paying the higher price. The budget package isn’t worth the headache to me. I will probably have to stick with it until I can find something better since I need Internet for work.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2129011601470731/k2311a0129/1.29.13