Nostalgia Electrics Old-Fashioned Popcorn Maker  » Housewares  »
  • Unfortunately, the first popcorn maker we received was damaged
  • There is an interior light that is supposed to keep the popcorn warm, however I think this is more for show as it does not seem to give off a lot of heat

• by Amanda Nolan

The Nostalgia Electrics Old-Fashioned Popcorn Maker (Model KPM-508) is a hot oil popcorn popper. It is modeled after the old style popcorn carts of the 1900s. It is red and has nostalgic gold lettering and detail. The base and top are made of metal and the four sides sides are a plexiglass type material. There is a plexiglass door on front that is secured with a spring type latch. Also, below the plexiglass door in the front there is a pull out door with a gold handle that can be opened to access the popcorn. It measures 12 1/2″H, 10 1/2″W, and 19″D. It has

a suspended self stirring kettle and an interior light. Regular price is $149.99 but I got it on sale for $89.99.

We recently remodeled our basement and created a rec room and a bar. We were looking for a popcorn maker that would have a vintage feel and would look good displayed on the bar. We also wanted something that would be functional and fun to use. We (myself, husband, 6 and 3 year old children) were all excitd to receive it and try it out.

I ordered it from Kohls.com. Unfortunately, the first popcorn maker we received was damaged. The front door was broken. Kohls was very helpful and sent UPS to pick of the damaged popcorn maker and sent us a new one. The new one was in good condition.

It was easy to assemble, only taking about ten minutes to take all the pieces out of the box, put it together, and wipe it down to get it ready for the first use. The main assembly work was putting in the kettle and installing the handle.

After set up, we tested it out. It’s easy to use, you turn it on and warm it up for a few minutes first. Then you just have to add oil and popcorn ...

• Nostalgia Electrics Old-Fashioned Popcorn Maker
      kernels to the kettle and turn it on. It will begin popping shortly. My kids were in awe and sat and watched it pop.

It says that it makes ten cups per batch but I feel that it really makes closer to five. This may be because I am not allowing it to pop long enough. The directions do not really give a clear indication of how long to let it pop, and I was afraid of burning it.

lot of heat.

It’s a cute looking popcorn maker. It was a little smaller that I pictured it would be after ordering it. It has wheels on it, similiar to a popcorn cart, however they are only for decoration, do not actually turn. The metal used is a little bit thin. There was a small area that was warped and bulging out on the bottom beneath the pull out door. However, it was not noticeable enough for me to return it.

We’ve used the popcorn maker four times so far and are happy with it. I would recommend it. It looks nice and works well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5328011601300131/k2311a0128/1.28.13