Willow Soft Touch 2-Ply Bath Tissue (Four Pack)  » Housewares  »
  • When it comes to bath tissue, I think a majority of people out there would say skimping is not an option
  • When using this product, I have not been disappointed in its cleaning abilities or its thickness
  • While I feel this bath tissue is slightly inferior to the Charmin brand, I believe that it's a good alternative for those out there looking to save some money without sacrificing too much in terms of quality

• by CirclingCanvas

When it comes to bath tissue, I think a majority of people out there would say skimping is not an option. Shopping for the right kind of bath tissue is admittedly kind of complicated because you want something that is going to be strong, but not so strong that it causes a back up in your pipes. You want something that is soft, but not so soft that it tears easily during use. You’re hesitant to purchase the cheap stuff, but at the same time, you’re not wild about spending fifteen or twenty dollars on a big pack every time it’s time to buy

bath tissue, and that time seems to come around fast always since who wants to risk running out?

At my nearby ALDI Food Market store, the Willow Soft Touch bath tissue can be found for just under a dollar, ninety-nine cents to be exact. That price might instantly turn off people because they might be scared that such cheap bath tissue must mean it’s thin garbage. While I do believe that Charmin Ultra Soft bath tissue is softer and thus easier on the skin, the Willow bath tissue is comparable in terms of thickness. It doesn’t tear very easily when used. The bath tissue is ...

• 2-ply, so it has some firmness to it. When using this product, I have not been disappointed in its cleaning abilities or its thickness.

Each roll consists of two hundred and fifty sheets. All together, one thousand sheets come in one package for, again, just under a dollar. I don’t find myself having to change rolls too often when I use this product because the number of sheets per roll last me for a while. I think, compared to the name brand bath tissues carried in stores, the value is good, but the reason I use the word “good” and not “great” to describe

this product is because it’s not the softest bath tissue on the market, and if you go to use it on an area of skin that is irritated or sore, it’s not going to be as pleasant as say Charmin Ultra Soft tissue would be. One other upside though is I haven’t ever had any problems with my drain pipes when using this tissue paper, so it must dissolve fairly well.

While I feel this bath tissue is slightly inferior to the Charmin brand, I believe that it’s a good alternative for those out there looking to save some money without sacrificing too much in terms of quality.

Darling Violetta says :

I’ve never really experienced issues in using this brand of paper, although if someone has an upset stomach.. I wouldn’t recommend using it in that event.

CirclingCanvas replies :

I agree that it’s been pretty consistent in quality. Companies have been known to change the quality of their products in order to cut costs, though. I sure hope that isn’t the case here. It could be an issue of quality control not being at its best and perhaps the quality will improve with time.

Yoshi Bear says :

re : While I feel this bath tissue is slightly inferior to the Charmin brand, I believe that it’s a good alternative for those out there looking to save some money without sacrificing too much in terms of quality
    I definitely agree with this It is a very good alternative and you don’t sacrifice much quality

CirclingCanvas replies :

That’s always my main concern, too I like a great value, like most people, but I always worry if I’ll be sacrificing a little, a lot or any quality at all, when I switch to something that’s less costly.

Vicki D. Brown says :

Hi, I am very pleased with your tissue, It is the time first I bought your tissue, for I was at a different store where I usually purchased my tissue from, I usually get a 24 count, but Aldie’s did not have 24 roll for the price I usually pay, so I purchased your 18 count, immediately upon using I was completely satisfied knowing I will purchase again, but when I got to the second row, there
    was a roll I had to discard because there was a yellowish stain on the roll. Yet other than that I will still purchase the tissue, just remind your assembly line to reinspect the rolls before packaging.

Thanks,
    Ms. Vicki Brown

CirclingCanvas replies :

If anything like that ever happens again, I highly suggest returning the product to Aldi. It’s backed by their Double Guarantee, so you’ll receive a refund and a replacement product. Aldi is really good about ensuring you’re happy with your purchases, so as long as you have your receipt and talk to a manager there that follows company policy, you’ll be compensated for your inconvenience.

Vicki D. Brown says :

re : When using this product, I have not been disappointed in its cleaning abilities or its thickness
    Yes, my sentiments the same, it’s cleaning abilities and it’s thickness is amazing

CirclingCanvas replies :

There’s really nothing else that I could expect from a product like this one. The price is fair, quantity good and quality agreeable for the price the product is sold at. I will continue to purchase it as long as all of the above remains true

Mick says :

When we bought it the first time my wife I agreed it was really good. We went back again a few weeks and it was not the same quality as the first time. Same package same everything but not the same quality. They must switch rolls or something when packing it? But for sure not the same as the first time I purchased it.

CirclingCanvas replies :

Companies do sometimes change how a product is manufactured. If you’re really unhappy with it and still have some of it, you should return it to the store you purchased it from. As long as you have your receipt, the store should refund your money and replace the product, so you should basically get another for free. If the tissue is of poorer quality once again, then unfortunately you may have to explore other cost-effective alternatives at other stores. Even if this tissue is reasonably priced, no sense in spending money on it if it’s just not that great anymore.

Anita Beezhold says :

This has been a great disappointment I used this product for years and it was perfect and NOW it is like notebook paper instead of soft bath tissue We are extremely unhappy with the last two songs we bought Why the change? Very very bad change We are all using Vaseline to correct the damage Thanks for listening

CirclingCanvas replies :

The last time I purchased this bath tissue, I didn’t notice a change in the quality, but then again, it’s been a few weeks. The next time I buy it, I’ll have to see if the brand has changed. I sure hope not because it’s been a great product so far.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5328011601220131/k2311a0128/1.28.13