Benadryl Cough Formula for Cough, Cold and Sore Throat
  • The ailment that take a long time to cure is definitely the cough
  • Also it has a warning to avoid alcohol while taking the syrup
  • The best medicine for sore throat in my opinion is the Dequadin Lozenges

• by true_value

I am the kind of person who seldom falls sick or catches a cold but when I do which is once in a blue moon I will get it really bad.

But then sore throat is something that I get quite often. When I am ever down with cold it will usually take a long time to fully recover. The ailment that take a long time to cure is definitely the cough.

I just hate the cough. Although it is the most common ailment, for me I feel like its the most irritating ailment that does not allow me to sleep or work properly and other than being of irritation to me it also affects the people around which is more noticeable at work and while travelling in public transport.

Initially I used to suffer from cough for many days in spite of using medication and

cough syrups. I was introduced to Benadryl by a friend of mine about 7 years back and since then it is the only cough syrup that I trust for its effectiveness.

The Benadryl Cough Formula for Cough, Cold and Sore Throat is suitable for both adults and children but not suitable for infants below the age of two.

The dosage for 2 to 5 yrs is 2.5ml, 6 to 12 yrs is 5ml and over 12 yrs is 10 ml. The recommended dosage is to be taken every 4 hours as required.

The Cough mixture comes in a dark brown see through plastic bottle and aluminum screw cap.

The active Ingredients for each 5ml of oral liquid contains Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride 12.5mg Ammonium Chloride 125mg Sodium Citrate 50mg.

The cough syrup is very affordable and available almost everywhere in the world. I normally buy the small bottle ...

• because like I said I don’t fall sick so often. The syrup costs about S$4.00 for a 60ml bottle.

The syrup is brown in color and relatively thick. It is sweet and tastes really good actually. I feel that the mixtures stays longer on the throat and provides instant relief and soothes the irritation.

The medicine does come with a warning which says that it may cause drowsiness and that if affected one should not drive a vehicle or operate machinery. Also it has a warning to avoid alcohol while taking the syrup.

The Benadryl Cough medicine actually has alcohol in it and that is one reason why it makes sleeping so easy. It just puts me to sleep allowing the cough to subside.

Although the formula is very effective in curing cough I don’t see any improvement with sore throat while using it.

The best medicine for sore throat in my opinion is the Dequadin Lozenges. I am also not sure if it has any effect on cold because I always take other medications for cold.

However Benadryl is by far the best cough medicine and works on almost everyone. All of my family members use it and I have even given to my three year old daughter and it works just fine (She hates the taste).

Some of my friends to whom I have recommended have also found it effective.

The only complaint I have with the Benadryl Cough Formula is the Aluminum screw cap. It does come sealed but with use the cap loosens and does not fit well as it frays at the ends.

It would be good the makers upgraded the packaging and made a better and more secure plastic screw cap.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2625011601170431/k2311a0125/1.25.13