The Bourne Legacy (2012)
0.5
  • In fact, the movie becomes really boring really fast
  • Unfortunately, this would still involve Matt Damon, which is is not starring in
  • I have no problem with this, but when the movie goes onto introducing a series of problems, this movie just completely hit rock bottom
  • They find themselves stuck together and then go to Korea I believe it was to get more pills and inject him with it so he can stop taking them completely
  • I did not expect anything of the sort and completely enjoyed that

• by MisterTickle

The Bourne Legacy is actually a huge disappointment. I delayed watching it because I was reading the book. After reading the book by Eric Van Lustbader, the actual movie was a complete disappointment. As a matter of fact, the movie is still a disappointment even without reading the actual book. I admit Eric Van Lustbader doesn’t do a nice of a job writing the Bourne series as Robert Ludlum, but that’s no excuse to deviate from the original works.

To start off with, a Bourne movie without a Jason Bourne isn’t really a Bourne movie. In fact, the movie becomes really boring really fast. The whole movie is pretty much about another CIA asset following in the footsteps of Jason Bourne where the CIA is trying to kill him and he escapes the CIA’s grasps at every turn. At this rate, Tony Gilroy could be spitting out hundreds of movies featuring CIA assets dealing

with the headquarters. After reading the book, I realized that it would have been really awesome if the movie went more or less along the lines of the book. I can just picture the intensity of the action where there is the government (CIA) chasing David Webb (aka Jason Bourne) and an evil arms dealer Spalko sending his own men after Bourne while Bourne is trying to stop an international incident regarding a biological warfare attack. Unfortunately, this would still involve Matt Damon, which is is not starring in. I did a bit of reading myself and it turns out that Matt Damon would have starred in The Bourne Legacy if Paul Greengrass had directed.

So now on to a Bourne movie without Bourne. The movie itself isn’t that bad in terms of the story line and the plot. It’s about green and blue pills used to manipulate the user to developing strength and

knowledge. I have no problem with this, but when the movie goes onto introducing a series of problems, this movie just completely hit rock bottom. Aaron Cross, the next Bourne, runs out of these pills and needs more so he seeks the laboratory that makes them. He finds out everyone has been killed except for one lab technician and reaches out to her. They find themselves stuck together and then go to Korea I believe it was to get more pills and inject him with it so he can stop taking them completely.

This is pretty much a flop because its almost as if when Aaron needs to do something, he does it and succeeds the first time, which is pretty shallow in my opinion. Yes, the audience knows Aaron is going to Korea or somewhere around there to get “viraled out”, I believe the term is, and he succeeds. Sure, he encounters some ...

• The Bourne Legacy (2012)
      problems, but just local authority. It’s pretty awkward actually. When you put an elite CIA asset that has been training in extreme cold weather and genetically improved with a rent-a-cop guard, chances are the elite CIA asset comes out on top, which we expect and happens. This is nothing compared to what the real Jason Bourne had to face. The first three movies involved quite a bit of planning, outsmarting the local tactical units, and going head to head with other CIA assets. I personally felt that this wasn’t well thought out.

In terms of the action, there were a few. I loved the part where Aaron (Jeremy Renner) takes on the wolves head on. I thought that was well made and must’ve been hard. I did not expect anything of the sort and completely enjoyed that. However, the movie took a turn from then on and the rest was a disappointment.

Overall, the movie isn’t really worth watching. The action scenes are great, but other than that, the story is a complete flop. Despite its originality, I didn’t really like it as it still doesn’t capture my interest especially when I was expecting something along the lines of a real Jason Bourne films. Also, not quite sure Korea or is it the Philipines used rather than any other country. It doesn’t make a lot of sense that Aaron, from Alaska, retrieved his cash stash, flew halfway around the world, and then ended back in the United States. There really isn’t the geographic sense of the previous movies where Jason Bourne had to move through several regions and multiple countries. This isn’t a big deal for me, but would be nice if there were a lot more “movement”. I would probably just stick with the books rather than the film for now or until Matt Damon comes back.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1125011601140431/k2311a0125/1.25.13