L’Oreal Root Rescue 10 Minute Root Coloring Kit, Medium Blonde  » Cosmetics  »
0.5
  • The problem I have is that I need to re-color my roots at least every 3 week, as they show up quite drastically and are also beginning to become partially gray
  • The reason I decided on the Root Rescue product this time was that is was on sale, and also quite inexpensive to begin with
  • After all that, the color fix cost me far more than I would have spent if I would have just purchased my regular product

• by kaygen

I purchased this product based mostly on it’s low price. That was my first mistake. I also believed the claims that I read on the package - covers gray, blends with any hair color, easy application. That was my second mistake. This product was simply a disaster for my hair.

I normally use L’Oreal Preference to color my hair, and I have had good results overall. My natural hair color is dark brown, and I am able to get it to a nice medium/light blonde, and it’s been that color for years. The problem I have is that I need to re-color my

roots at least every 3 week, as they show up quite drastically and are also beginning to become partially gray. So, I usually use my normal hair color to touch up the roots, and it works fine.

The reason I decided on the Root Rescue product this time was that is was on sale, and also quite inexpensive to begin with. So, rather than paying my usual $10 for a root product, I only paid about $3. I was quite excited about the bargain I got - at first.

When I got home and opened the package, I was quite surprised at how little there was in it. The kit contains a very small bottle and a comb-type thing for application. I followed the directions and mixed the product in the small container until it was blended. The bottle was so small, there was no way there was going to be enough product to cover mt roots. So when I was applying the product, I had to do so very sparingly because I was afraid I would run out (and I did).

The application process was no fun at all. The comb applicator included in the kit is useless, I tried to use it, but it just got tangled in my hair and made things more ...

• L'Oreal Root Rescue 10 Minute Root Coloring Kit, Medium Blonde
      difficult. So I ended up just removing the cap from the bottle and pouring small amounts of the product into my hands and then onto my scalp. The product is a creamy consistency, a bit more watery than lotion. It has much less of an odor than regular hair color, so that is one good thing about the product.

After the application, I followed the instructions and left the product on for 10 minutes, then rinsed and shampooed (It does say to shampoo your hair after application, which is different than most other products I’ve tried). The results? Horrendous! My roots were orange. No blonde at all,

but dark orange with the grays also still visible. I tried washing my hair again with purple shampoo to try to counteract the orange, but that didn’t work. I have never seen my hair turn out with such an ugly color. I tried several more shampoos, but it was still orange. I had to wear a hat until I could get to the salon for a color fix.

After all that, the color fix cost me far more than I would have spent if I would have just purchased my regular product. My advice is to stay far away from L’Oreal Root Rescue, it’s not worth it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3125011601070431/k2311a0125/1.25.13