The Bourne Legacy movie
2.5
  • In my opinion, here is where the latest installment in the Bourne movies went wrong
  • Just when I thought the movie was starting to get good

• by ls_mom

My husband and I finally watched “The Bourne Legacy” last night. I was so excited to watch this movie, as I am huge fan of the other “Bourne” movies. I am also a fan of Jeremy Renner and Edward Norton, so I had high hopes as we sat down to watch. Sadly, I was really disappointed. In my opinion, here is where the latest installment in the Bourne movies went wrong:

1) Long and complicated build up to the action. The first 30 - 45 minutes of this movie was so disjointed and hard to

follow. It felt like we were jumping into the middle of the story, surrounded by all these new characters without being introduced to them at all. About an hour in, I asked my husband, “Do you have any idea what is going on?” He replied, “Not really.” Whew! I was so glad I wasn’t the only one!

2) Lack of character development. Because we are never really introduced to who the characters are, I personally felt disconnected from the characters. I didn’t feel any empathy for them or really care about what ...

• happened to them.

3) No sense of connection to the first movies. Yes, they throw around the word Treadstone over and over and flash Jason Bourne’s picture a time or two. They also bring in Pamela Landy at the end in an attempt to make a connection. But, I never felt as though “The Bourne Legacy” was a Bourne movie at all. I never fully understood what agencies were involved in this movie and how they connected to the previous movies. It seemed that using “Bourne” in the title was simply a way to try

and draw in Bourne franchise viewers.

4) Rushed ending. Just when I thought the movie was starting to get good…it was over. Very anti-climatic. I’ll not say too much, because I don’t want to spoil the ending for anyone who does decide to watch this movie.

Overall, I wouldn’t recommend this movie. If there’s another Bourne movie with these same characters…well, okay, I’ll probably watch it! There’s plenty of room for improvement and they’ve got a great cast of actors to work with. Now that they’ve laid some groundwork, perhaps the next one will be great.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1124011600980531/k2311a0124/1.24.13