Pet Gear Easy Step I Pet Stairs
  • I've tried three or four different types over the years and these Pet Gear Easy Steps are by far the best
  • The only problem is that there is about two inches of plastic bevel around the edge of each stair top making it slick enough that sometimes Pearl slips while using them
  • I originally purchased one set of these stairs and was so impressed with them that I bought a second set
  • I highly recommend the Pet Gear Easy Step I Pet Stairs to anyone with little dogs

• by Jeanne Bourgeois

I have two teeny, tiny chihuahuas. Seriously, they are ridiculously small - Ollie is my big boy at 4 pounds, Pearl weighs in at 2.5 pounds. Needless to say, they can’t get on or off the sofa or the bed by themselves so stairs are a necessity. I’ve tried three or four different types over the years and these Pet Gear Easy Steps are by far the best.

There are several criteria that I use to judge pet steps:

• they must be lightweight and easy to move

• they must be easily dissembled and assembled

• the stair

tops must be carpeted so my dogs don’t slip

• my dogs have to be comfortable using them

• they must be affordable

The Pet Gear Easy Steps meet all of these criteria, for the most part. They are very lightweight, but at the same time, are very strong. They are rated for dogs up to 75 pounds, and though there are no 75 pound dogs around here to test them out, they seem more than sturdy enough to accomodate a large dog.

When we received the stairs I was able to assemble them in about two minutes without even

looking at the instructions. Perfect! If we move (which we will probably do at some point in the near future) we can easily break these down and reassemble them. Perfect again!

My dogs have skinny little feet and, no matter how often we trim them, their nails seem to dominate their walking surface. This tends to make them relatively unstable on slick surfaces (we have hardwood floors and when they run to dinner they tend to slide around a lot on the way.) So there’s no way they could use a set of stairs ...

• Pet Gear Easy Step I Pet Stairs
      that were just plastic or wood on top. These steps have a nice carpet insert on the top of each of the stairs. The only problem is that there is about two inches of plastic bevel around the edge of each stair top making it slick enough that sometimes Pearl slips while using them. We have to “rehabilitate” her from time to time by teaching her again how to use the stairs without slipping. We may modify them by adding a little grip tape to the exposed plastic edge on the top of each
      of the steps.

I originally purchased one set of these stairs and was so impressed with them that I bought a second set. The best part of these stairs is that they are really affordable: there are several different sizes, but the two step version is the right height for most sofas and beds. We use one set in the living room on the sofa and one on the bed and that gives our tiny dogs access to the places they want to be. I highly recommend the Pet Gear Easy Step I Pet Stairs to anyone with little dogs.

Ashley says :

I think this product is wonderful for tiny dogs and even cats and kittens. I have a tiny 3 pound chihuahua and he struggles to climb onto the bed by himseld, So these make it alot easier on him. Now he doesn’t have to whine and cry at night when i’m sleeping and can’t get him on and off the bed Great product

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2922011600890531/k2311a0122/1.22.13