Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer book  » Books  »
  • My favourite part of the book was looking at the pictures at the beginning of each chapter
  • The only characters I had a problem with were the mermaids because they were very single minded
  • I was very impressed with how vividly imagined the world was that Jodi Picoult and her daughter came up with
  • I would recommend this book to people looking for a break between reading a book series

• by livvvy75

Between the Lines is a book written by Jodi Picoult and her daughter. The story is told in three different points of views. At the beginning of each chapter, the story is told from the point of view of someone reading the fairytale in the book. Then there is a chapter from Oliver and Delilah’s point of view. Delilah is obsessed with reading but even more obsessed with a fairytale children’s book. She is a bit outcast in the real world, so Delilah takes every opportunity to immerse herself in the book. One day, the fairytale

people start to talk back to her, including her beloved Prince Oliver. Together, she and Oliver must work out how to get him out of the book.

My favourite part of the book was looking at the pictures at the beginning of each chapter. They were beautifully drawn and truly complimented the section of Delilah’s fairytale book which was soon to follow. If I had to choose a section of the story which I liked most, Oliver’s point of view would win. The fairytale world has been cleverly crafted in the way that every action the characters make influences the story. Such as the scene with the chess board.

There are many different characters in Between the Lines. I personally liked some and disliked others. Delilah was ok, she was relatable and kind but a little bit single minded. Oliver was one of my favourite characters, he was considerate and likeable, I could not find fault with him. My favourite character was the villain because he was so different than he was in the story. Another character I took to, was Delilah’s best friend. Delilah’s best friend proved the saying, don’t judge a ...

• Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer book
      book by it’s cover because even though she dressed in a rough manner, inside she was a nice person. The only characters I had a problem with were the mermaids because they were very single minded.

Between the Lines is a young adult, fantasy, romance novel. Jodi Picoult wrote this book with her daughter, Samantha Van Leer. I was very impressed with how vividly imagined the world was that Jodi Picoult and her daughter came up with. There were a lot of details to the story that I hadn’t even considered, such as the characters getting bored

and playing chess.

I liked Between the Lines. It was a quick read, which made it ideal for breaking up a series, particularly since it is a stand alone. The story was not too dark, which is a good thing because it is on a topic which could only be light to carry it off. Even though the book looks very thick, do not be frightened off, because the font size is actually quite big.

I would recommend this book to people looking for a break between reading a book series. Or perhaps to readers of Jodi Picoult’s other books.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1718011600730131/k2311a0118/1.18.13