Horlicks Junior, Stage 2 Nutrition Drink - Chocolate Flavor  » Food  »
  • I bought the Horlicks Junior Stage 2 in Chocolate flavor to help with the problem
  • I bought the refill pack of 500gms for S$6.00
  • I chose the Chocolate as that is my daughters favorite flavor
  • Although the Horlicks Junior Stage 2 is better value than the Complan Nutri - Gro drink I think the Complan is better for my daughter

• by true_value

My daughter is three and a half years old and currently on Gain IQFormula milk for 3 year and above. I do always try to make her have a variety of healthy foods but ever since she started going to the Child Care her food habits have changed.

She is now a very picky eater and likes of eat rice porridge only. I worry for her health and have recently started adding health drink to her milk to try and make up for her lack of interest in nutritious food.

I bought the Horlicks Junior Stage 2 in Chocolate flavor to help with the problem. I bought the refill pack of 500gms for S$6.00. It is couple of dollars less than the other competitor Complan Nutri- Gro.

The Horlicks Junior Stage 2 comes in Original and Chocolate flavor. I chose the Chocolate as that is

my daughters favorite flavor.

Similar to the Complan nutri-grow refill pack the Horlicks Junior Stage 2 also comes nicely sealed in a plastic pouch inside a paper box. The box has a breakdown of the nutritional values and also directions to use.

On the pack Horlicks’s description of the product is as follows: Nutritional requirements vary according to age. Preschoolers tend to have a busy schedule, and need adequate nutrition to keep them going through the day. Junior Horlicks is scientifically designed with 4 Power Vitamins and 5 Growth Boosters to provide your child adequate energy to play in preschool and help his growth.

The Horlicks Junior Stage 2 health drink claims to be a superior formulation of 25 vital nutrients that gives kids the energy for a healthy body, that it contains smart nutrients like DHA, Iodine and Choline which are clinically proven to aid ...

• brain function and development.

It claims to be packed with Calcium and Vitamin D for physical growth and development, designed as per the WHO/FAO Nutritional guidelines all in all natural ingredients to be rest assured about your kid’s health that is quick and Easy to mix.

The drink is suitable for 2 years and above.

Although the Horlicks Junior Stage 2 is better value than the Complan Nutri - Gro drink I think the Complan is better for my daughter. She likes the taste of the Complan drink better as it is creamier than Horlicks and does not have a heavy malty taste.

The problem that I have with the Horlicks Junior Stage 2 is that it does not completely dissolved like the Complan nutri-grow drink and my daughter hates the gritty texture.

She still likes to drink her milk in her feeding bottle and the gritty particles irritate

her throat and sometimes it even blocks the hole. But then even if i try to mix it in a cup of hot milk it still does not dissolve fully and there is a lot of sediment at the bottom which she will discard.

I myself have never been a fan of the Original Horlicks for the same reason. The Horlicks for grown ups also has sediments and no matter how well I mix it it will remain gritty.

They could have made the powder finer at least for the kids. I wonder if the stage one which is for below 2 yrs old has the same texture.

Overall I think the Complan Nurti-grow is better in flavour, texture and dissolving properties than the Horlicks drink in spite of it being slightly more expensive.

Please tick below if you found my review helpful. Thank you for reading.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2718011600680131/k2311a0118/1.18.13