Canon MG 5320 Wireless Printer  » Electronics  »
  • However, they are very similar, and I recommend both
  • If you're short on desk space, it might not be the best printer for you, because it is pretty big
  • I did a little research and I was able to find a seller on Amazon that sells compatible cartridges for about 25% of the cost

• by Vanessa

I own a Canon MG 5220 and an MG 5320 printer. I am reviewing the 5320 because it is the newer model, which is more readily available for purchase. However, they are very similar, and I recommend both. I had the MG 5220 model for about a year, and I was very happy with it, so I purchased the 5320 for my second home.

I was able to purchase this printer through an Amazon.com “lightning deal” during the holidays, so I got it for about $50. That was an incredible value, because it is regularly around $140. I would have been

willing to pay full price for it, though, because its a nice printer. If you can find it on sale, I would recommend getting it.

The Canon MG 5320 has a sleek design, with a cool flip-up screen. If you’re short on desk space, it might not be the best printer for you, because it is pretty big. But it IS wireless, so you can always set it on another table across the room or whatever, and you don’t have to worry about cables as long as you have a wireless home network. The printer is very “smart”, and it connects with WiFi intelligently. You don’t have to mess around with it very long to get it working with all of your computers. A friend of ours came to visit, and she wanted to print some photos while she was here. Her laptop “saw” the printer and she was able to print her project with no fuss whatsoever.

The printer has a lot of capabilities, including printing files directly from a USB drive. It can also print screen shots from HD movie file, if you have a compatible Canon camera. There are apps that go with the printer so that you can print directly ...

• Canon MG 5320 Wireless Printer
      from your smart phone or tablet, which is pretty cool. It works as a copier and scanner, and I use those functions daily. It does a great job with color scanning and copies. It can print two-sided pages to help you save on paper.

As far as the printing quality goes, it does pretty good. I print a lot of labels for my business, including metallic papers and colorful designs, and I’ve had no problems. The photo quality is acceptable. It’s not as good as a professional photo developer, of course, so I wouldn’t recommend it for photo albums or

anything, but its good enough for routine use.

Like most home printers, it does use a lot of ink. If you buy the name brand ink cartridges, this is going to get expensive. I wouldn’t recommend doing that unless you only do small jobs infrequently. My household uses the printer a lot, between my home business and two college students. I did a little research and I was able to find a seller on Amazon that sells compatible cartridges for about 25% of the cost. All you have to do is do a search on Amazon for “MG 5320 cartridge” and several options will appear.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1616011600480831/k2311a0116/1.16.13