Walking Dead (TV Series)  » TV  »
  • When I started watching season one, I couldn't help thinking it reminded me of my favorite zombie movie of all time 28 Days Later
  • Now, after Lori’s death Andrea is quickly becoming my least favourite character based on her terrible choices when it comes to men
  • I like Michonne because she is a very stong and independent fighter in a period of time where men have once again become rulers and fighters while women are subservient and almost totally dependent on men
  • I recommend it to people who love horror, do not have a weak stomach and are looking for a good series to watch

• by Redtape

I am generally not a fan of zombie movies because they’re ususally very low budget and very terrible. Infact I can count on one hand how many zombie movies I’ve actually liked. The “Walking Dead” is different since not only is it the 1st zombie television series I’ve seen, but I’ve managed to become addicted to the series altogether to the point where I’m sitting on edge waiting for season four to be released in February.

The “Walking Dead” is a post-appocalyptic themed televsion series on AMC where a strange illness spreads like wildfire throughout the world, killing people and turning them into zombies who have an insatiable hunger for living flesh. The only way to stop these zombies or “walkers” as the people in the series call them is to find some way to impale them in the brain.

The series for the most part is centred around the former Georgia police officer Rick Grimes

and the group of people he leads in hope of finding a safe haven after this tragedy and others occur. In the series, Rick and his best friend Shane who was also a police officer chase a group of armed criminals who are on the run from a crime they had just committed and Rick is near fatally wounded by one of the criminals. The wound puts him in a coma for several weeks in the hospital, and when Rick wakes up he is greeted by the site of a world he no longer recognises. The hospital is abandoned and bodies lay piled outside, while the gruesome dead walk craving the taste of living flesh.

When I started watching season one, I couldn’t help thinking it reminded me of my favorite zombie movie of all time “28 Days Later”. This was because of the way the writers treated the “walkers” at first where scratching or bitting transmitted infection, and how they had officer Rick Grimes awaken in the hospital, just like the main character in Britain’s “28 Days Later”.

Throughout three seasons I would have to say that my least favorite character was Lori, Rick Grimes wife and mother of Carl Grimes. The dislike began from the very first part of season one when I was first introduced to the character. At first I wasn’t quite sure why I disliked her, but as the series progressed it became much clearer to me, and it got even clearer when I viewed an argument between her and Andrea, one of the series other characters. Lori has much more than the people around her, but she always seems very ungrateful and is very self-righteous. It even seems as if she’s still trying to maintain the standard of life she is used to even though it died with the world she was used to ...

• Walking Dead (TV Series)
      a very long time ago. This is evident in where she does not want Carl to be shown how to use a gun, despite the perilous times the company lives in as well as how she is unhappy with Andrea simply because Andrea has seen it necessary to take watch rather than sit by like the rest of the women and be helpless.

Now, after Lori’s death Andrea is quickly becoming my least favourite character based on her terrible choices when it comes to men. Right now she’s with the governor, a psychotic man with a Jim Jones complex who threatened one of my favourite characters, Maggie, with rape.

Right now one of my favourite characters is Michonne for several different reasons even though the writers of the television series have still not expanded upon her character. I understand however that even though I still have not read the comic, it made her character so

much more rounded than the series has done so far. It explained her life prior to the zombie apocalypse, what relation the two walkers she had in chains were to her as well as it detailed her love life.

I like Michonne because she is a very stong and independent fighter in a period of time where men have once again become rulers and fighters while women are subservient and almost totally dependent on men. I also like her since she is the first strong black woman I’ve seen in the entire series.

I like the Walking Dead because even though it has a lot of cliché elements it’s still cleverly put together and manages to keep me in suspense to the point where sometimes I spend hours out of my day watching it. I recommend it to people who love horror, do not have a weak stomach and are looking for a good series to watch.

Angel says :

This is my favorite TV series ever. Actually, Andrea was my favorite character and I still cannot believe that they killed her. Anyway, I am looking forward to Season 4 which will start on October. I wonder what the changes will be. I have read spoilers but I know better than to believe anything that I’ve read since The Walking Dead people likes keeping their viewers at the edge of their seats.

Rose says :

I first started watching this show with my boyfriend. I found it extremely creepy but the thrill made it impossible to stop watching. I started watching in the second season so I went on Netflix and watched every season they had. I wouldn’t recommend it for little kids unless you know for sure it won’t freak them out. My brother is eleven and it terrifies him yet he watches zombie movies. Though zombie movies are near as realistic as I find this show.

Tracy says :

When you run out of zombie shows be sure and watch True Blood.

Zenaida Perez says :

I am a huge fan of everything zombie/walker. Walking Dead is one of the best shows on TV for the last 6 years. The first season was strong but the second season was not the best except for a few episodes. After that it quickly got back on track with bad guys you love to hate and major character deaths (not many shows will kill off major characters). The follows the comic books loosely as in some characters that were killed off in the comic are still alive in the series and the other way around some characters alive in the comic were killed off in the series. The viewer just has to understand that the series takes place in a different universe as the comic and they wont be disappointed.

TheOpinionDealer says :

There is a reason why you feel disappointing about the second and third season, they were produced by another group the director of the first season was Frank Darabont who did an amazing job there it is a shame that he was sent away after the first season. I’m glad that The Walking Dead is brave enough to kill it’s major characters just as the Game Of Thrones, It’s not a major problem not to follow the books.

Jeremy McGee says :

This is a review for the Walking Dead. The walking dead series is great. It’s on AMC and it’s an awesome show. The show is about a sheriff named Rick Grimes. He and his partner Shane get into a gun fight and Rick is shot and goes into a coma. When Rick wakes up in the hospital he discovers that he’s alone and the world looks deserted.
Rick quickly discovers that the world isn’t what it seems, and there’s zombies and resources are non existent. Rick can’t find his family, and meets up with other characters that explain what’s going on. Rick decides to move on to find his family. Eventually Rick finds his family, his old partner, and other survivors.
There’s other characters that bring a lot of dimension to the show. It’s awesome how the the theme of the show is that yes there’s undead walkers that are eating the living, but it’s actually the living that are the real monsters in this show. Yes there’s a lot of hype behind this show, but honestly it’s one of the best shows on tv right now.

Jessica Zarrillo says :

re : I recommend it to people who love horror, do not have a weak stomach and are looking for a good series to watch
I love The Walking Dead, and recommend it for the same reason. It’s suspenseful in all the right ways, never fails to surprise me, and can be very violent and gory - which is big for horror fans I also love the way the series explores the human condition. After 9 seasons, I’m truly not sure what I should be more horrified by: The gruesome walkers that plague the earth, or the morally-horrible human beings who always seem to be the bigger threat.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1015011600460531/k2311a0115/1.15.13