Leap Frog My Pal Violet (Electronic Plush Toy)
  • I found everything about it to simply be *right* -
  • I highly recommend that each infant/toddler should have the experience of playing with a My Pal Violet
  • But honestly, this toy is such a hit with my daughter that I don't think she would mind owning more than one
  • These bunch of features are definitely great icing as far as I'm concerned

• by Jonathan Ong

There’s 2 ways your child can enjoy Leap Frog’s “My Pal Violet”. As my own daughter does. Let me elaborate:

1.As a traditional plush toy, My Pal Violet is well-designed and expertly crafted. This much became evident to me from the moment I took it out of the packaging. I found everything about it to simply be *right* -: from it’s color scheme (note the perfect shade of purple), to the proportions of its head/limbs/ears/snout, down to its actualy size (great for infants/toddlers). All of the above make it the perfect companion to be hugged, dragged/carried around, or stuffed in the crib/carriage with baby.

2.As

an electronic toy, My Pal Violet owns a memorable, lovable identity. It speaks, it sings, it calls my child by name. It also asks to be petted, hugged, fed, played with. It sings songs to entertain, to teach, to calm down, or simply for fun! Moreoever, the choice of voice actor, dialogue, songs, and even its cute animal sounds are really quite endearing — not at all annoying even though I’ve personally heard the toy say its spiel a hundred gazillion times by now.

I highly recommend that each infant/toddler should have the experience of playing with a My Pal Violet. Although I’m not

suggesting that each and every child should own one, the toy does need to be personalized to unlock its full charm.

To do this, My Pal Violet needs to be synched via USB cable; the name of the child needs to be selected online, and songs may be added / swapped out from the default selection. All of this needs an active internet connection.

You might think it overkill to have this much functionality in a toy meant for an infant/toddler. But think of it simply as ‘training’ your newly-adopted puppy to recognize its new master/mistress and learn the new master’s/mistress’ preferences and/or ...

• Leap Frog My Pal Violet (Electronic Plush Toy)
      intimate details (e.g., favorite color, food, songs, etc.)

All in all, this toy is a great companion to baby. And it definitely makes a great gift. Perhaps the only reservation you need have about this toy is.. whether the child already owns one? But honestly, this toy is such a hit with my daughter that I don’t think she would mind owning more than one. And for households with multiple tykes, 1 toy per child might be prescribed since, after all, each one can be personalized.

As a final note: For those of you who already own this toy, do check out the Leap Frog

website and personalize your My Pal Violet just as soon as you can. There’s simply so much more to this toy that what you find inside the box. Such as for example, you can download a printable adoption certificate from the website. You can do this from the start, of wait until your child falls in love with the toy. At which time, you can also present him/her with kids’ activity pages, also downloadable from the website. These bunch of features are definitely great icing as far as I’m concerned; they go a long way toward making this toy a lasting favorite of my child’s.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5415011600430531/k2311a0115/1.15.13