Everest, Kitchen King Masala (Spice Blend Powder)  » Food  »
  • I love to cook a variety of cuisines from all over the world
  • Mattar Paneer (Green pea and cottage cheese cubes in creamy gravy) is one of the classic northern Indian dish that tastes the best in its authentic form
  • I was attracted to the delicious looking image of Mattar Paneer image on the box but was skeptic because of it's name 'Kitchen King' as it didn't seem to be specifically made for Mattar Paneer
  • I decided to give it a try and bought the 100 gm pack
  • On the box Everest describes it as a way to explore the 'Curry' experience with the classic blend that gives vegetable curries a lordly taste and a mild, subdued flavour

• by true_value

When it comes to making vegetarian dishes tasty there is nothing like Indian Cuisine. The variety of dishes found in Indian cooking is vast.

Each and every state in India has its own unique dishes and variations.

I love to cook a variety of cuisines from all over the world. I sometimes use my own variation but when it comes to Indian cooking there are a few dishes that has to be cooked right and there is nothing one should change in the way it tastes.

tastes the best in its authentic form. I had tried to make this dish many times with home made blends but I was never able to get the exact same authentic flavor.

Couple of years back while I was in the spice section at the store I spotted the Everest brand ‘Kitchen King’ spice blend powder.

I was attracted to the delicious looking image of Mattar Paneer image on the box but was skeptic because of it’s name ‘Kitchen King’ as it didn’t seem to be specifically made for Mattar Paneer.

I decided to give it a try and bought the 100 gm pack. The masala comes well sealed in a plastic pouch inside the box. The pack costs S$1.20.

On the box Everest describes it as a way to explore the ‘Curry’ experience with the classic blend that gives vegetable curries a lordly taste and a mild, subdued flavour.

Being coriander and turmeric based, the blend gives curry an appetising golden hue. Everest says that it is the recommended blend to prepare India’s much loved vegetarian dish that is the Cottage Cheese in green peas knows as Mattar Paneer.

The ingredients listed on the box are Anistar, Asafoetida, Bengal Gram, Black Cardamom, Black Gram, Black Pepper, Kasuri Methi, Cardamom,

• Everest, Kitchen King Masala (Spice Blend Powder)
      Cardamom Seeds, Cassia, Chilli, Clove, Common Salt, Coriander, Cumin, Dry Ginger, Fenugreek, Mace, Mustard, Nutmeg, Poppy seed and Turmeric.

I love the instructions provided at the back of the box on how to cook with illustrations. It even has the recipe and measurement of other ingredients that are required to make the Mattar Paneer dish.

I never thought making the Classic and immensely popular dish would turn out to be so easy and simple. It hardly takes me 30 minutes to cook and with the Everest Kitchen King Masala it turns out perfect every time.

The blend is perfect. There is no way

one can mess up the recipe using this and following the instructions.

I later discovered a few other brands that have the ‘Kitchen King’ spice blend. I have tried the MDH brand too but I have to say the Everest brand is the best blend.

Other than making Mattar Paneer I use it also in making chick pea gravy and also kidney beans (Rajma). It turns out delicious every time.

Another great thing is that the Everest brand of spices can be easily found in any Indian grocery shop and even online from the brand website itself.

Thank you for reading. If you found my review useful please tick below.

Ashish Raj says :

re : On the box Everest describes it as a way to explore the ‘Curry’ experience with the classic blend that gives vegetable curries a lordly taste and a mild, subdued flavour
I love to Cook food in my spare time. Everest Kitchen King helps me to make my Delicious foods super Testy. The Flavor that Kitchen King gives me is mindblowing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2714011600330531/k2311a0114/1.14.13