Loreal Paris Excellence Creme Blonde Supreme 02 Hair Bleach
2.0
  • My hair is long, so I bought two boxes of this product to make sure I would have enough for full coverage
  • I really have no idea why my results turned out so strangely with the Loreal cream, and why the cheap stuff seems to lighten my hair without a problem, but I will not be using Loreal for my bleaching purposes in the future
  • It was so strong that it made my nose and eyes burn, and I found myself trying to hold my breath during administration

• by Laura

I’m a natural dish-water blonde, and have been wanting to go platinum for some time. I picked this product up at Target the other day because the color looked good, and I’ve had good luck with Loreal products in the past. My hair is long, so I bought two boxes of this product to make sure I would have enough for full coverage.

The directions were straight-forward enough, and I was able to administer the process myself just fine. I followed the directions to apply the bleach

concoction to the ends and lengths of hair first, wait ten minutes, then apply it to the roots and wait twenty more minutes. This amounted to the total thirty-minute duration that it claims on the box, and that seemed like plenty of time to get a pretty good bleach, especially for someone who started out fairly blonde already.

However, I rinsed the bleach cream out as directed and my hair didn’t look all that different. The roots were obviously bleached, but the rest looked pretty much the same as

it always has. Basically, the bleach product seemed to only make my dark roots match my naturally sun-bleached ends. I am left really confused as to why the product would so obviously bleach some of my hair, but not the rest. When I compare my affected strands to the predicted outcome color for my natural color on the side of the box, it is not accurate at all. And of course, because the lengths and ends didn’t really change at all.

I had better results a ...

• Loreal Paris Excellence Creme Blonde Supreme 02 Hair Bleach
      couple years back when I used that cheap, gradual spray that lightens your hair a little bit more each time you go out in the sun or blow dry it. I really have no idea why my results turned out so strangely with the Loreal cream, and why the cheap stuff seems to lighten my hair without a problem, but I will not be using Loreal for my bleaching purposes in the future. Too much money for next to no results.

And this review would not be complete

without mentioning the very strong and offensive smell of this product. It was so strong that it made my nose and eyes burn, and I found myself trying to hold my breath during administration. Not fun when the allotted duration of basking in the stuff is a half an hour! Plus, you’re not supposed to wash your hair for 48 hours after bleaching, so I had to live with the smell on myself for two days. The house might still smell a bit like it.

Aprilandres04 says :

re : It was so strong that it made my nose and eyes burn, and I found myself trying to hold my breath during administration
Yes, it depends on how long you’re hair is and how thick if its long you must have to buy 2 or more box

Megha Manoj Sarge says :

I have once used L’Oreal Paris Excellence Fashion Highlights. It is loaded with chemicals and gives burning sensation to eyes. The Color quality is not that good as well.

Galega says :

It is clearly mentioned on the pack that while rinsing off the dye, you need to avoid contact with eyes. That is something all users need to religiously follow. If there will be contact with eyes, you are going to experience burning sensation. That is what happened with you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114011600260531/k2311a0114/1.14.13