Benefit “Foamingly Clean” Face Wash  » Cosmetics  »
  • They probably used high quality fragrance oil that (in my experience as a perfume crafter) is not as likely to cause irritation
  • I personally like the strong scent in this, but I can definitely see it being a problem for some people who don't care for perfumes
  • It is definitely visually pleasing, but the first thing that comes to my mind is how much am I paying for this fancy box
  • Benefit is a high quality brand, though, so I think it is priced accordingly

• by Vanessa

Benefit’s “Foamingly Clean” Face Wash is an outstanding, but pricey product for cleansing. I have temperamental skin, that is prone to dryness and breakouts, so I have tried many, many cleansers. I have found that it is really important to have a cleanser that balances your skin. It must cleanse thoroughly without drying, and it must moisturize without leaving a filmy or oily residue. This product meets all of my expectations.

This face wash does have a significantly stronger fragrance

that I am used to having in my face wash, but it didn’t irritate my sensitive skin at all. And the fragrance is really nice. It is a clean and bright feminine floral scent, with a touch of cucumber. They probably used high quality fragrance oil that (in my experience as a perfume crafter) is not as likely to cause irritation. I personally like the strong scent in this, but I can definitely see it being a problem for some people who don’t care for perfumes.

The cleanser comes in a really fancy box and the bottle is prettier than what you would expect for a face wash. (It looks more like some kind of luxury body lotion). It is definitely visually pleasing, but the first thing that comes to my mind is “how much am I paying for this fancy box?” With that said, it would make a nice gift, perhaps along with a matching product from the same ...

• Benefit
      line.

The cleanser itself is a thick foam, and a little bit goes a long way. It lathers up beautifully, and rinses clean. It didn’t leave my skin feeling tight or dry like some cleansers. It doesn’t have a ton of moisturizing, though, so you would definitely want to follow with a face lotion.

Like I said, this is pricey. $21 for a 4.7oz bottle to be exact, and this is the best price I found (at Ulta.com). Benefit is

a high quality brand, though, so I think it is priced accordingly. Considering that the drug store face wash I used to buy was around $13, I’m comfortable paying this price for something that is so much better and lasts a lot longer.

I would love to give it 10 stars, because it really is an excellent product. However, I have to take off two stars because of the high price, the perfume that might not work for everyone, and the wasteful packaging.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114011600250531/k2311a0114/1.14.13