Across the Universe by Beth Revis book  » Books  »
  • My favourite part of Across the Universe is the very beginning when Amy and her parents are being frozen
  • I think that that part is what I enjoyed most since I had not even considered all the preparation that being frozen in time would have, let alone how much it would hurt
  • I found that I tended to favour Amy’s point of view a little bit more than Elder’s because I thought she was more interesting
  • Out of the characters in the book, the character that I took to most was definitely Harley
  • I would recommend Across the Universe to fans of dystopian fiction

• by livvvy75

Across the Universe is the first book in a trilogy. It is told from the point of view from a girl named Amy and a boy named Elder. Amy and her parents decided to be frozen in time for three hundred years, so that when they awake, they will go and live on a new planet. However, things don’t go to plan, since Amy is woken up fifty years too early in an attempt to kill her. She is saved and now has to live aboard the spaceship. Elder is soon to be Eldest, who has the job of being the leader of the ship. Amy and Elder fall in love

and they must figure out who the murder is who is unplugging the other frozen people before it’s too late.

My favourite part of Across the Universe is the very beginning when Amy and her parents are being frozen. I think that that part is what I enjoyed most since I had not even considered all the preparation that being frozen in time would have, let alone how much it would hurt. It was difficult picking a favourite part of Across the Universe because it was so enjoyable. Another part of the book that I rate highly is when the mystery of the people being unfrozen is solved.

The book is told from the point of view of two characters, Amy and Elder. I found that I tended to favour Amy’s point of view a little bit more than Elder’s because I thought she was more interesting. Though I did love the way that Elder viewed Amy, it was very sweet. Out of the characters in the book, the character that I took to most was definitely Harley. I loved the way that he saw the world and I always favour the arty characters in books because they usually seem to have the most understanding of the world. I felt sorry for Harley in the way that everyone treated him as if he ...

• Across the Universe by Beth Revis book
      were crazy.

Across the Universe is a dystopian, science fiction young adult book. Usually I am not that interested in books of the science fiction genre, so I was greatly surprised with this book. The main reason I picked it up was because I love dystopian books and the blurb on the back cover was very captivating. Across the Universe can be also classified as also a romance, adventure, mystery book. Across the Universe was written by Beth Revis and this is her debut novel.

Across the Universe is among the top books that I read in 2012. This was for many reasons, the plot was excellent, the characters were likeable and

dimensional, I enjoyed the writing of Beth Revis and I found the book unpredictable enough, though I did make some accurate guesses towards the end of the book. I did not even mind the fact that the story was told from the point of view of more than one character. Even the cover of the book is pretty, though the cover with the stars on the front as opposed to the blank white is more attractive.

I would recommend Across the Universe to fans of dystopian fiction. Even people who aren’t particularly fond of science fiction should definitely give this book a go. This book is definitely for teenagers and age groups older than that.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1714011600200531/k2311a0114/1.14.13