Verizon FiOS Internet
New York City, NY
  • Unfortunately, FiOS hasn't yet reached too many places, so you'll probably have to settle for something similar that isn't fiber optic

• by Patryk C

It was a day of much happiness when my outdated DSL (basic bundle) was replaced with the lightning-fast speeds of Verizon FiOS. The installation itself was rather lengthy, as some complications on their end popped up, making the entire process no shorter than five hours; but in the end, it all worked out. And how . . .

The boost of speed from a mere 3 Mbps internet to the 50 Mbps FiOS had me jumping out of my own skin. The first thing I did was run a speed test, eager to make sure that Verizon kept their word. Now, I’m paying $89 a month for speeds of 50/25 and a fiber optic phone lineā€”so I was colored quite surprised when the speed test came back with speeds of 58/32, which is what I still have even now, months after the installation. This

means that whenever possible, I can download content at around 7.2 Mb per second. It has proved more than fast enough for all of my earthly desires.

As with my last internet connection, FiOS has so far kept itself unwavering; never a dropped connection, never a dip in speeds, be it rain, snow, or wind. This is, perhaps, one of the most important factors. If I had to deal with an unstable internet connection, I would switch providers. The headaches would most likely end me earlier than old age should. Fortunately, no headache of mine has been associated with the functionality of FiOS.

The fact that I can download an entire 16 Gigabyte video game in a little over 35 minutes had at first made be gigglier than a six year old at his birthday. And that feeling, while slightly diminished over the past ...

• few months, still holds true even now. Strangely, the speeds provided to me make me feel like a super-villain, able to achieve any goal. Maybe because when it comes to certain things, FiOS does allow you to do just that. Still, the most blaring effect this change of internet has had on me would have to be my confidence in regards to downloading anything. I no longer worry about something taking too long. It may not be Google fiber, but it’s quick enough for someone like me.

Before having FiOS, I never thought of using cloud storage; now that it’s become more practical, though, I could rave and rave all day about it. Having some of your content up online where you know nothing can happen to destroy it makes me feel safe. And since my current internet has given me the incentive

to use cloud in the first place, most of my gratitude is directed toward Verizon.

FiOS freed me from the constraints of low data-transfer speeds, and I’ll forever be appreciative of this fact. Going from 350kb/s to 7.2mb/s energized me in a way that a simple internet service shouldn’t. If I had to pay more for these speeds, I would. It’s just that simple. If you want a reliable, supercharged internet at an affordable price and if it’s available where you live, I wouldn’t waste a second before calling Verizon. Unfortunately, FiOS hasn’t yet reached too many places, so you’ll probably have to settle for something similar that isn’t fiber optic.

There isn’t a single thing I can complain about. The service itself is tremendous, and I haven’t had to call customer service yet . . . who knows how that would end up.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2114011600110431/k2311a0114/1.14.13