Neutrogena On-the-spot Acne Treatment
0.5
  • On-the-spot Acne Treatment was supposed to treat my acne, at least that's what I read in the label

• by jackie
      Had terrible acne breakout during spring, and it has gone from bad to worse in just two days. Thanks to Neutrogena! I have lost faith in this brand name again.

On-the-spot Acne Treatment was supposed

to treat my acne, at least that’s what I read in the label.

Instead, my acne is more inflamed and has covered most of my left cheek.

I now look like Two-Face, again thanks to ...

Neutrogena On-the-spot Acne Treatment
Emma says :

Hello, I have just bought the neutrogena spot stress control and would like to see some reviews about it to see how it rates. Theese reviews will be very useful to me as I have very bad skin and have bought this product as it says on the tv ad it get rid of spots in 80 of cases even before they appear. Much apprecited.

Joanna says :

Hi Emma,

I have used the product before, and for spots it works great. It worked very fast for me. I saw signficnant drop in the amount of redness around my acne spots and their size was reduced over night. However, the spots didn’t completely disappear until about 4 days later.

However, I have found that it works much better when used in conjunction with a night cleanser when you first see the signs of acne (a small lump, redness, etc). One pimples and zits that haven’t yet broken the surface this product keeps them away very well.

Keep in mind though, this product was not meant to be used as an all over the face cleanser and if you use it that way, it will really dry your skin out. I did that the first time and it was terrible. It is meant to treat spots only.

Hope this helps.

Joanna

quick note by anonymous :

How long did you use the cream for? When trying new acne treatments, it is completely normal for your face to flame up a bit at first, but it will go away. Acne treatments, unfortunately, don’t work overnight. They need time.

quick note by anonymous :

If you only use the product two days that could be what happened. Acne products take more than a few days to work and they can irritate your skin at first, but it should get better once your skin is use to the product.

Tylyn Thevenet says :

For me it took about a week to start working.

Grace says :

It worked for me overnight, but it only made it smaller (at first).

Joanna says :

Hi,

I have found that this product will work better if I use a gentle face cleanser before. I use the cleanser to wash my face really well, then I use the tip of my finger to apply the spot treatment. I don’t necessarily think that this was meant as an entire facial cleanser. I think that attempting to use it as a facial cleanser will dry skin out and irritate it. That might be what you are experiencing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31805160010731/k2311a058/5.8.07