Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire  » Movies  »
0.5
  • With the next movie franchise coming out soon, I decided to update myself on the Harry Potter series
  • And although, graphically speaking the dragon scenes were amazing, I just don't understand why they thought it was worth more than five minutes of tape

• by jackie

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)
      With the next movie franchise coming out soon, I decided to update myself on the Harry Potter series. Sadly though, I was not as fascinated as I should be with Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

I loved the book, mind you, but I hated the movie.

First of all, there were a

lot of intricate sub-plots happening with the 4th book, and they were not showcased in the movie.

Maybe it was because I had read the book, or it could have been because the book was too long to be made into a two and half hour movie.

Whatever, the reason is, I just can’t understand why they didn’t focus on what was happening behind the wizardry competition.

And although, graphically speaking the dragon scenes were amazing, I just don’t understand why they thought it was worth more than five minutes of tape.

Second, I don’t like Mike Newell; in fact I hated the last movie he directed.

He ...

• Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire
      should have given more attention to the actors, as they were really bad.

I had to keep myself from throwing the remote because of Cho Chang.

Where in the world did they get that actress? And lastly, the storyline was like a patchwork to me.

If I had not read the book, I would

never have known about the different characters that were introduced only in the 4th book.

It seems like they focused more on all the cinematography, rather than taking time to actually have the audience understand what is happening.

I hated the movie so much; I returned the DVD to the store and demanded a refund.

Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11805159970731/k2311a058/5.8.07