Blue Buffalo Spa Select Canned Cat Food
  • I have been using Blue Buffalo's Canned Cat Food for a few months and have been really impressed with the results
  • I tried a few grocery store varieties, and noticed that my cat continued to lose weight, even though she ate a lot
  • After searching long and hard, I decided on the Blue Buffalo brand, and after trying lots of different flavors, we discovered that the seafood grill was the best for her
  • I think the extra money is worth it, especially for my older girl who has never asked for much, and has been a faithful part of my family for many years

• by Vanessa

I have been using Blue Buffalo’s Canned Cat Food for a few months and have been really impressed with the results. Specifically, my cat has been eating the “Savory Seafood Grill” flavor from the “Spa Select” line (it has the light blue band on the pink/colorful label).

I was having some problems with my older kitty dropping too much weight and having trouble eating due to dental problems, so I switched to wet food per my vet’s recommendation. I

tried a few grocery store varieties, and noticed that my cat continued to lose weight, even though she ate a lot. It seemed like she liked the food, but was always hungry, which made me think that it probably wasn’t very nutritious. My vet also suggested that she may be developing feline diabetes, and that I switch to an all-natural food to help her with that. After searching long and hard, I decided on the Blue Buffalo brand, and after trying lots of different flavors, we discovered that the seafood grill was the best for her. (I’ve been told it’s better to stick with one flavor blend to help cats with sensitive digestive systems).

After a few months, my cat gained all her weight back. She loves the food and gets excited about meal time, but she seems satisfied in between meals. An added bonus is that her fur has gotten incredibly silky-smooth. She ...

• Blue Buffalo Spa Select Canned Cat Food
      gets lots of compliments on how beautiful she looks, and nobody can believe that she is 13 years old!! This says a lot, considering that she was looking emaciated and scruffy a few months ago.

This food is rather expensive (up to $1.50 in stores for a 5.5 oz can), but I have found it at various places online for as low as $33 for a case of 24 cans. Since it is very high quality, 5.5 ounces lasts the whole day, even though the recommended feeding amount is more than that (and might be more for your cat, depending on its activity level and size). I think the extra money is worth it, especially for my older girl who has never asked for much, and has been a faithful part of my family for many years. :)

I would love to give it 10 stars, but have to take off at least one just because of the price…sorry Blue Buffalo!!

Bethany V says :

I fed my cat Blue Buffalo and he literally gained 5lbs in a week, it was crazy Perfect for people who rescue kittys that aren’t in the best of health.

crystal says :

I know a few people who run rescue groups and they too love to use blue buffalo. Unfortunately they wind up resorting back to less healthy cat food though because they find many of the cats don’t like it. For the other half that do, it is costing the rescues too much money because it is more expensive. I do believe though that it is so much healthier than other brands.

Leslie Champion says :

Blue Buffalo has been a life saver as we have a bulimic cat who is 17 years old. We tried everything even cooking for him special foods, but he continued to vomit. Finding Blue Buffalo in stores was very difficult, so we had a friend in a different State send it. Luigi is so much better now and healthier.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 298011599570831/k2311a018/1.8.13