Nokia Wireless Charging Plate from AT&T  » Phones  »
  • I don't think it gives off any sort of alarm when it's fully charged (like a buzz) but I have never been around at the exact moment when the charge is complete
  • I would recommend this charging plate if you really hate the hassle of wall chargers or if you lose/break your current charger
  • It's a bit pricier than a regular charger, but the convenience and durability is definitely worth it

• by Melanie Noell

I recently purchased the Nokia Lumia 920 from AT&T, and they are currently running a promotion to include one of these wireless charging plates with the purchase of a Lumia 920. After having numerous chargers go bad and need replacing throughout the years, I am really loving this wireless charging plate.

The plate comes in five different colors, so you can pick a color to match your phone, or go with basic black or white. The black is simple and sleek, so I chose the black one. The one oddity about the design is that the cord and plate are actually two

separate pieces. You have to plug the cord into the charger as well as into the wall, which means that if you frequently unplug the plate from the cord, you could strip the plug like I have done with so many wired chargers. However, as long as you leave the plate plugged in and transport it as a single piece, you shouldn’t need to worry about stripping the plug. It’s not much larger than a wired charger, although the separate pieces (if you choose to disconnect it) could make it easier to lose something.

The wireless charger is a really great idea, and I’m really happy with my Nokia wireless charger overall. The cord is long enough that I have plenty of options of where to put my charger. The wireless plate is small, simple, but large enough to accommodate the large Lumia 920 phone. When you put your phone on the plate, it gives off a little buzz to let you know that it’s charging, which is extremely helpful in identifying if the cord has come unplugged from either end. The charger seems to work quite quickly, and I’m always surprised when my phone is done charging before I anticipate. I don’t ...

• Nokia Wireless Charging Plate from AT&T
      think it gives off any sort of alarm when it’s fully charged (like a buzz) but I have never been around at the exact moment when the charge is complete. The charger is also fairly lightweight, making it easy to transport - it won’t weigh down your luggage if you travel with it. And although it appears to be made of some type of plastic, it seems fairly durable. I have dropped it a few times already, and I don’t notice any difference in performance or construction.

The charger only works for the Lumia 820 and 920 models, so as usual with

Nokia phones, the charger isn’t exactly interchangeable. You won’t be able to loan this charger to others with different phones, but it has come to be expected from Nokia.

Overally, I’m very satisfied with this charger. At $49 through AT&T, I might be hesitant to purchase it if I had to buy it outright, but that’s only because a free charger is included when purchasing a phone. I would recommend this charging plate if you really hate the hassle of wall chargers or if you lose/break your current charger. It’s a bit pricier than a regular charger, but the convenience and durability is definitely worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 377011599520731/k2311a017/1.7.13