Planters Nutrition Almonds - Lightly Salted
  • Planters nuts are slightly more expensive than the local brands but I think its worth the price as the nuts are better quality and they just taste better
  • I bought the can of 290 gm (10.25 Oz) of S$5.00
  • I normally buy these cans and place one in my office desk and one at home to make it convenient for me to pop a few into my mouth whenever I feel like

• by true_value

I love munching on roasted nut snacks. Roasted almonds are one of my favorites. Planters nuts are slightly more expensive than the local brands but I think its worth the price as the nuts are better quality and they just taste better.

I picked the Planters Nutrition Almonds in Lightly Salted as it is a healthier choice. I bought the can of 290 gm (10.25 Oz) of S$5.00.

As per

Planter’s description on the the can their lightly salted almonds provides numerous vitamins and minerals and is perfect for tossing into salads or grab a handful (about 25 pieces) as a quick snack and that their Nutrition Almonds have half the sodium of the leading brand of salted almonds.

Planter’s claims that their almonds are a good source of Vitamin E, Dietary Fiber, Copper, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, and Riboflavin.

As for the nutrition information it has 170 calories per 1oz of serving, it has 15g total fat (1.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 3.5g polyunsaturated fat, 9g monounsaturated fat) and 40mg sodium (50% less sodium than the regular brand of salted almonds)

The almonds appear to be smaller in size than locally found almonds and they are roasted to perfection with a crunchy feel. As claimed the almonds are lightly salted but still ...

• Planters Nutrition Almonds - Lightly Salted
      they taste great. The almonds have their skin on.

I normally buy these cans and place one in my office desk and one at home to make it convenient for me to pop a few into my mouth whenever I feel like. I think that it is such a convenient way to get a healthy dose of vitamins on a daily basis. Almonds are great for skin and hair health.

I also

like the little can as it comes with a air tight cap and not plastic bags like other brands as it helps to keep the almonds from getting soggy and maintains the freshness and crispness.

The only thing they could do to improve is to upgrade the packaging by packing the nuts in a plastic container. The metal bottom and lined gets rusty if left for a longer time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 277011599510731/k2311a017/1.7.13