Yamaha F-325 Steel String Acoustic Guitar
  • I've had trouble finding an appropriate place for it in my room, so consider a guitar stand/hanger to place somewhere in your room
  • I highly recommend that you purchase at least a padded gig bag to protect your guitar
  • A strap is also included in the Gig-Maker package, but I believe that a higher quality strap will do this guitar justice

• by Kevin Rustanto

The wide variety of guitars in the market today makes guitar shopping a tough challenge for beginning musicians. With today’s economy the instrument of choice should deliver the needs of the musician with an affordable deal.

The Yamaha F-325 Steel String Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar is a prime choice for beginners, delivering a solid package of both performance and quality to those learning to play and the “everyday

musician”.

As a freelance musician, the Yamaha F-325 has been able to serve my needs adequately, especially when playing with a band. The sound quality is decent when compared to other guitars in its price range ($100-$300).

The guitar’s neck is also comfortable to play with a nice and fast action.

Note that my steel string of choice are elixir nanowebs, which delivers the incredibly bright tone of the guitar, but others prefer non-coated strings. The sound of the guitar is very dependent on the type of strings you use!

Some problems I’ve had with this guitar was the size of the guitar. I’ve had trouble finding an appropriate place for it in my room, so consider a guitar stand/hanger to place somewhere in your room.

Also if you purchase this guitar in Yamaha’s “Gig-Maker” package, then ...

• Yamaha F-325 Steel String Acoustic Guitar
      you receive a gig bag with no padding. I highly recommend that you purchase at least a padded gig bag to protect your guitar. Due to its size I’ve scratched my guitar many times!

A strap is also included in the Gig-Maker package, but I believe that a higher quality strap will do this guitar justice.

However, note that this guitar has no built-in pickup, so if you desire to play with a band, it requires a natural pickup attachment. However for beginners practicing and learning, or playing acoustically with a band, you can’t go wrong with the Yamaha F-325

Note: Always go to your local guitar shop to get a feel for the guitar before you purchase the guitar online! It is a good way to get a feel for the guitar that you are going to buy!

guitarhero83 says :

re : I highly recommend that you purchase at least a padded gig bag to protect your guitar
Any kind of bag is a good thing to have to protect your instrument. Those things should come with every instrument included into the price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 147011599460731/k2311a017/1.7.13