Optrex Eye Drops for Tired & Sore Eyes  » Medicine  »
  • So I decided to visit the drugstore and find a eye drop to soothe my tired eyes and relieve the watery feeling
  • I bought the smaller bottle of 10ml and it cost me S$4.90
  • Because of that initial stinging sensation my eyes tend to tear up a lot before settling down to normal so I prefer to use it first and then dry up the tears with a soft tissue and then let my eyes get back to normal before putting on my eye makeup
  • In fact I like that mild sting as it brings out the tears and clears the eyes and makes it hydrated
  • I have had no bad reaction or irritation while using the eye drops and think that they are a safe and convenient way to soothe tired dry eyes instantly

• by true_value

I have really watery eyes. I am not sure if it is because of dry eyes, but I do spend a lot of time with my computer and also do not get enough sleep. My eyesight is still good and I don’t wear lenses or glasses.

The watery eyes is more noticeable when I wear eye makeup as I can’t really wipe or dry them and I have to constantly use a tissue to gently absorb the teary wetness without disturbing the eye makeup.

One of my colleagues at work suggested that I use eye drops to relieve the dryness. So I decided to visit the drugstore and find a

eye drop to soothe my tired eyes and relieve the watery feeling.

I decided to pick the Optrex Eye Drops for Tired & Sore eyes as it was stated to be suitable for non-contact lens wearers. Also it was the only eye drop on the shelf that could be used for 3 months after opening while all of the others will have to be discarded after just one month.

I bought the smaller bottle of 10ml and it cost me S$4.90.

The eye drop contains Distilled Witch Hazel BPC 13.0% preserved with Benzalkonium Chloride 0.005% buffered with Boric Acid and Borax. The active ingredient Distilled Witch Hazel to produce a cooling ...

• effect.

As per the indications the Optrex Eye Drop soothes, cools and refreshes tired and sore eyes. It claims to be used for the relief of minor eye irritations caused by dusty or smoky atmospheres, driving or close work.

The eye drop comes in a standard plastic bottle with a sealed screw cap and a dropper. I had no issues with using it as it dispenses the drops precisely and does not over dispense.

The drop stings a little but immediately after that I can feel the cooling sensation and it refreshes my eyes. The mild stinging I guess comes from the Witch Hazel in it.

Because of that initial stinging sensation my

eyes tend to tear up a lot before settling down to normal so I prefer to use it first and then dry up the tears with a soft tissue and then let my eyes get back to normal before putting on my eye makeup.

It has not cured the watery eye condition but it does help reduce the dryness whenever I use it. In fact I like that mild sting as it brings out the tears and clears the eyes and makes it hydrated.

I have had no bad reaction or irritation while using the eye drops and think that they are a safe and convenient way to soothe tired dry eyes instantly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 267011599370731/k2311a017/1.7.13