The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan book  » Books  »
  • My favourite part of The Forest of Hands and Teeth, was when Mary finally accepted that she had been promised to Harry and was going to have to live with it
  • I enjoyed the sections of the book, where Mary, Harry, Cass, Travis and Jed were on the run, because it was the most action filled
  • I found that some parts of the book were a little but hard to understand, particularly when Mary and Harry were trying to escape the village, because I didn’t really understand what was happening
  • Then again Carrie Ryan did an amazing job describing the Unconsecrated, they were so creepy
  • I would especially recommend this book to people who enjoy zombie books and dystopian books such as The Hunger Games and The Maze Runner

• by livvvy75

The Forest of Hands and Teeth is a book set in the post apocalyptic future. The book plot follows a girl named Mary, who lives in a town which has been ravaged by the plague. The survivors of the plague are in a town enclosed by fences. Outside the fences, are the victims of the plague, the Unconsecrated. The Unconsecrated are basically zombies and they are always trying to get into the village. The town is governed by the Sisterhood, who are not all that they seem. Girls who haven’t been promised in marriage to a boy, have to go and join the Sisterhood. Mary is always wondering whether there is

life outside of her village and if this ocean that her mother told her stories about is real.

My favourite part of The Forest of Hands and Teeth, was when Mary finally accepted that she had been promised to Harry and was going to have to live with it. Around the same part, I liked it when Harry gave Mary a dog as a present because it made me feel sympathetic for him. I enjoyed the sections of the book, where Mary, Harry, Cass, Travis and Jed were on the run, because it was the most action filled. I found that some parts of the book were a little but hard to understand, particularly when Mary and Harry were trying to escape the village, because I didn’t really understand what was happening.

The main character of the book is Mary. I found that I only liked her sometimes because there was a love triangle between her, Harry and Travis. I do not like the way that she was basically using Harry and all she could think about was poor Travis. Travis was not always in my good books either, since I felt that he acted the same to Mary and just ditched Cass. Harry was the only character that I truly liked, he was genuine and honest.

The Forest of Hands and Teeth is ...

• The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan book
      a dystopian, action, both apocalyptic and post apocalyptic, zombie, young adult book. Carrie Ryan is the author of the book. I feel as if she did better writing some parts of the book than others. In character aspects, I wish that she had made me like Mary and Travis more, I’m not so bothered about Cass. Then again Carrie Ryan did an amazing job describing the Unconsecrated, they were so creepy. All in all I think that Carrie Ryan did a fairly good job in designing the world, the Sisterhood, Harry, Unconsecrated and in giving Mary an interesting desire.

I think that the book was good. Many people would disagree

with me but I just felt a bit let down by Mary and Travis. Other than that, I loved the book because of how different and realistic it was. The sequel to The Forest of Hands and Teeth, is called The Dead Tossed Waves and I am quite looking forward to it. I did like the ending and I am hoping that the character develops a little bit more in the sequel.

I would recommend The forest of Hands and Teeth to teenage and adult readers of the dystopian genre. I would especially recommend this book to people who enjoy zombie books and dystopian books such as The Hunger Games and The Maze Runner.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 177011599350631/k2311a017/1.7.13