Colette Zip Wallet with Plate (Yellow)  » Other  »
  • I was given this as a Christmas gift from a fellow co-worker and I think it really is a lovely wallet
  • This wallet is perfect for me because I don't carry a whole bunch of junk unlike a lot of people I know
  • Costing only $19.95 (AUD) online, it's definitely worth the price
  • It's understandable that not everyone will have the same taste as me, but I'd still recommend this wallet as a candidate for women out looking for a change

• by Rubyxx

I was given this as a Christmas gift from a fellow co-worker and I think it really is a lovely wallet. The yellow colour is very bright and radiant- it matches almost any other colour and looks good with anything, although it would probably suit younger girls and teens as opposed to mid-thirties women like me.

The design is similar to faux crocodile skin; it has etched lines and fine wrinkles dividing the surface into misshaped boxes. Just above the centre, there is a solid metal plate with words inscribed in it and I think this gives off a posh,

sleek edge to the wallet. It’s then finished off a with an attractive gold trim lining the interior and sides. The texture is very smooth and soft, lovely material to hold in your hands. When I first received the wallet, I could not stop stroking the material and rubbing it against my skin. Weird, yes, but strangely fun and addictive.

This wallet is perfect for me because I don’t carry a whole bunch of junk unlike a lot of people I know. 12 card slots, a zipped coin compartment and 2 note compartments is enough for me. The coin and note ...

• compartments are very spacious, but the card slots could have been made a little wider. They only just fit my credit cards and library cards, and I need to actually forcibly pull them out.

What I particularly love about this wallet is the zipper. I have had bad experiences with wallets that close by pressing the metal piece into a hole. It’s so frustrating when I have too many coins in the coin compartment and the wallet bulges. In cases like those, I would never be able to press the metal piece into the hole and my wallet wouldn’t close. Thankfully,

I don’t have to deal with things like that anymore. The zipper on my Colette wallet can be pulled back and forth very easily and doesn’t catch. It closes the wallet completely so I don’t have to worry about any loose notes or coins escaping.

Colette is an okay brand, and this wallet ticks all the boxes when it comes to style, quality and practicality. Costing only $19.95 (AUD) online, it’s definitely worth the price. It’s understandable that not everyone will have the same taste as me, but I’d still recommend this wallet as a candidate for women out looking for a change.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 123011599120831/k2311a013/1.3.13