Just Listen by Sarah Dessen book  » Books  »
  • Just Listen is my favourite Sarah Dessen novel
  • I also enjoyed the auditions for commercials and modelling jobs because I never really thought about the behind the scenes of things like photo shoots
  • I thought that the ending was great because it tied off all questions in the book very well
  • I would definitely recommend Just Listen to teenagers and adults who are looking for a good realistic fiction book

• by livvvy75

Just Listen is my favourite Sarah Dessen novel. It follows the life of a girl named Annabel, who does modelling and things like television commercials, who appears to have everything. Her life is not so like that in real life though because she has to deal with an anorexic sister, a best friend turned enemy and being bit of an outcast at school. Then one day she meets a boy named Owen, who lives and breathes music. He tries to open her eyes and then Annabel will finally go back to what happened the night she lost her best friend.

My favourite part of Just Listen, was when

Annabel regressed previous events. Sometimes you could see where she went wrong and you just want to help her. I felt so sorry for Annabel’s first best friend when Sophie (her new best friend) came along because you could tell the old best friend was going to be dropped. I also enjoyed the auditions for commercials and modelling jobs because I never really thought about the behind the scenes of things like photo shoots. I thought that the ending was great because it tied off all questions in the book very well. It was a bit slow in the beginning but then the plot got very entertaining.

Annabel Greene is the main character of Just Listen. She is one of those people whose face is everywhere, the kind of person people envy and think she has the perfect life. Just Listen shows that she doesn’t, in fact her life is much less than perfect. Annabel can tend to be a bit scared to say what she feels and that is one of her issues in the book and something Owen tries to help her with. Some of the characters in the book are truly horrible, especially Sophie, because she treated Annabel with such loathing after never even learning of her side of the story.

Just Listen ...

• Just Listen by Sarah Dessen book
      is a fiction, young adult novel. It is a realistic fiction story that deals with many issues that concerns people today. Sarah Dessen did a great job of writing this novel because it is really intense and seems quite real. It is almost as if you are seeing the world through Annabel’s eyes which is a great asset to the story.

I really loved Just Listen because of how deep and real it seems. I took to Owen immediately and the music side of the story, it had so much influence. I have known of a few people who have also enjoyed this book. I have loved

all the Dessen books I have read but this one is my favourite so far, though it did only just beat What Happened to Goodbye. I liked the idea of seeing the story from the role model’s point if view, all these people look up to her, particularly Owen’s younger sister, buut Annabel never looks like she does on television.

I would definitely recommend Just Listen to teenagers and adults who are looking for a good realistic fiction book. Music lovers will really appreciate this book since the music involvement. I can not really think of many people who would dislike Just Listen, it makes a good summer read.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 173011599090831/k2311a013/1.3.13