Drop Dead Fred, 1991 movie  » Movies  »
  • Drop Dead Fred which came out in 1991, starring Pheobe Cates, and Rik Mayall, remains one of my favorite movies of all time
  • I strongly recommend that if you like comedies that you see this movie
  • It is so interesting to see this extreme inner child just released into the adult world and the chaos that ensues because of it
  • The reason that I enjoy this movie so much, is because despite the surface appearance of the movie, being a goofy comedy, full of slap stick humor, there are so many other levels of this movie, and levels of jokes
  • They experience all of the jokes, both the slapstick and witty jokes at the same time

• by Vital Expressions

Drop Dead Fred which came out in 1991, starring Pheobe Cates, and Rik Mayall, remains one of my favorite movies of all time. I strongly recommend that if you like comedies that you see this movie. The movie is about a woman, Lizzie, who’s husband is seeing another woman and wants a separation. So, she moves back in with her overbearing mother. These traumatic events lead to her imaginary child hood friend Drop Dead Fred being reawakened. Fred reminds me of

the inner child in all of us. It is so interesting to see this extreme inner child just released into the adult world and the chaos that ensues because of it.

The reason that I enjoy this movie so much, is because despite the surface appearance of the movie, being a goofy comedy, full of slap stick humor, there are so many other levels of this movie, and levels of jokes. On one hand the movie is hysterical and I loved it when I was a kid because Fred is so goofy, and as a kid if I had the opportunity to act like that and not get in trouble, of corse I would!

As I got older and watched the movie as an adult, I realized all the other jokes in the movie that I didn’t get when I watched the movie as a kid. At one point Fred is on the floor and catches a glimpse up the moms dress and ...

• Drop Dead Fred, 1991 movie
      says, “Cobwebs!”. The first time I was old enough to watch the movie as an adult I laughed hysterically. I also enjoyed the fact that there was this underlying theme of independence, and standing up for yourself when you need too. The film actually has this heartfelt inner core that I also really enjoyed, and found relatable.

Everyone that I have shown this movie to, has loved it. My brother and sister growing up thought it was hysterical, showing it to

friends later in life has always been a fun experience. They experience all of the jokes, both the slapstick and witty jokes at the same time. I can’t tell you how many times I have quoted this movie including Fred’s song, “Dog poo, Dog poo, stinky stinky dog poo….” and “The mega-beast reigns supreme!!”

Without a doubt Drop Dead Fred will have you wanting to share the movie with friends. Especially if you are like me and have a few “mega-beasts” in your own life.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112011599010831/k2311a012/1.2.13