The Manhattan Fish Market - Plaza Singapura  » Restaurants  »
MFM Plaza Singapura 68 Orchard Road, Plaza Singapura #06-07, Singapore 238839
  • We chose this location as it very convenient to reach and is in the Plaza Singapure Mall just next to the train station
  • The fried fish was good, the potato chips were fine, the prawns were delicious and so were the clams that I tried for the first time
  • The platter was alright but not the best value for the S$50.00 we paid as I feel the portion was too small even thought it looked big when they first laid it
  • I was quite disappointed first with the bad service and then the switched order and the dry rice

• by true_value

My best friend wanted to treat me and my daughter to a post Christmas Dinner. We decided to head to the Manhattan Fish Market at Plaza Singapura at Dhoby Ghaut.

We chose this location as it very convenient to reach and is in the Plaza Singapure Mall just next to the train station.

Well, as the name implies The Manhattan Fish Market specialized in sea-food items and have many branches all over Singapore. The price of the dishes ranges

from S$10.00 to S$50.00.

There is usually a very long queue but luckily I went early to secure a table. It is good to reach by 5.00 pm for dinner anything later than 6.00 p.m we will have to wait in the queue.

The first thing that put us off is the bad service. They do have a lot of staffs but they seem to be busy or distracted. We ordered for the Giant Fish Platter and waited for almost 30 minutes and nothing appeared. When reminded they brought out the platter but the wrong one.

They brought the Fisherman’s Platter instead of the Giant Fish Platter. When we told them about the mistake they requested us to accept the wrong order which we did as we didn’t want to wait for another hour.

The fried fish was good, the potato chips were fine, the prawns were delicious and so were the clams that I tried for the first ...

• The Manhattan Fish Market - Plaza Singapura
      time. But the platter was not suitable for my 3 year old daughter. The Giant Fish Platter would have been perfect as it had bite sized fried fish and calamari.

The rice provided in the platter was rather dry and not so easy to eat. It was nice that they added a few broccoli and carrot bits. The sauces provided was standard mayonnaise, chili sauce and a vinegar based sauce.

The platter was alright but not the best

value for the S$50.00 we paid as I feel the portion was too small even thought it looked big when they first laid it. The fried fish did not have much meat on it, there were four prawns and four clams rest of it was rice and potato.

I was quite disappointed first with the bad service and then the switched order and the dry rice.

After that we had to go some other places to make up for the disappointment.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72011598970831/k2311a012/1.2.13