Four Years as a Writer: One Woman’s Story by Annie Jean Brewer (book)
2.5
  • I have read a number of her other books and been satisfied so I decided to try this especially for the price I could not pass it up
  • I prefer the shorter articles that she has posted as updates in the past to the redundancy of this book as she goes through her process for writing
  • I found my mind wandering while I read it which leads me to think that this update would have done better had it been left as a blog posting or a simple article without the tips for writing for living and paring down expenses

• by blondefreelancer

Four Years as a Writer: One Woman’s Story by Annie Jean Brewer is Ms. Brewer’s personal account of her life spending the last four years as a stay at home mom while making a living as a writer. A recent visit to her website revealed that this title was free for the taking, and always in search of something to read I snatched it up instantly. I have read a number of her other books and been satisfied so I decided to try this especially for the price I could not pass it up.

Ms. Brewer at this point

according to her book has written 19 books including this one and started out writing for sites like Associated Content which is now Voices.Yahoo. The journey began in 2008, and was slow at first; Ms. Brewer has posted updates on her progress previously but this year she decided that she wanted to include some tips to help her readers. The amount of information that she included in this book was somewhat overwhelming when read in a single sitting which of course I did immediately.

I have read a few of the books Ms. Brewer has written previously and ...

• this one, well it’s a good thing that it was free or I’d have been upset. I prefer the shorter articles that she has posted as updates in the past to the redundancy of this book as she goes through her process for writing. The tips are repeated through the book, and that to me was overkill. The fact that she openly admits that she has reduced expenses to the bare minimum to make a living from her writing should be something that is given more clarity.

The book gave me the reassurance that it is possible to

live the life of your dreams and for that it deserves a ten out of ten; the redundancy however means I can only give it a five out of ten which means that even though it was free to download it is still average. I found my mind wandering while I read it which leads me to think that this update would have done better had it been left as a blog posting or a simple article without the tips for writing for living and paring down expenses. Although the advice to have backup income sources was solid.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1728121598880831/k2311a1228/12.28.12