Logitech stereo headset H110
  • I bought the Logitech stereo headset from Officeworks for AU $19.88
  • I did a test run first using Skype’s echo test and I was happy to discover that the sound was remarkably clear
  • Overall, I would say the Logitech stereo headset H110 is the best I’ve tried at that price point and given it’s great performance I see no need to spend more

• by R_Machine

I bought the Logitech stereo headset from Officeworks for AU $19.88. I wanted to be able to skype, without having to buy anything too fancy. The guy in the store showed me two headsets, one Microsoft and one Logitech. He said Logitech sells the same stuff as Microsoft but $5 cheaper so as to compete with them. So naturally I selected Logitech.

The headset is the old style plastic loop that you wear over your head, not the inner ear buds. I find earbuds always fall out of my ears, so a headset is better. Importantly, it’s

adjustable to fit the size of your head and the microphone boom can be adjusted too, so it can be on the right side of your head or the left.

I was able to get a good, comfortable fit. The headpiece gripped my ears quite tightly, though, so I don’t like to wear it for a long time. The microphone boom didn’t seem long enough so I was worried at first that it wouldn’t pick up my voice very well.

I expected the headset to have a volume control feature on the cord like other cheap headsets I’ve

used, but this one didn’t. But it did beat the other ones I’ve used by having little headphone and microphone pictures on the plugs so I knew which one to insert into which jack on my computer. I’m the type of person who gets those things the wrong way round without a bit of help.

The headset doesn’t look anything special, but is plain and unassuming, in grey and black plastic. It’s made in China and has a two year limited hardware warranty.

My main concern was whether it would be reliable or not. When I’ve used Skype ...

• Logitech stereo headset H110
      in the past with other headsets, I always seem to have had problems, sound cutting out, or one end being able to hear and the other not. This headset claims to have ‘full stereo sound’ and to be good for music and games. Also, the microphone is meant to be ‘noise cancelling’.

So how did it work? I did a test run first using Skype’s echo test and I was happy to discover that the sound was remarkably clear. That evening I was Skyping the northern hemisphere and loving it. We were able to talk without any

delays, cut-outs or problems understanding each other (at least not headset related). I am a quiet speaker but my friend in London told me I was coming through louder and clearer than on my mobile. I could certainly hear clearly too.

Overall, I would say the Logitech stereo headset H110 is the best I’ve tried at that price point and given it’s great performance I see no need to spend more.

Note: the headset works with Windows but not with Apple computers. It says so on the box, but in little writing, not so you’d notice when buying it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3328121598760831/k2311a1228/12.28.12