Pretty Smooth Eyebrow Shapers
  • I gave up and tried threading but I had a particularly painful and eye-watering experience
  • They cost AU $2.93 plus AU $5.43 for postage, so less than the cost of a single trip to the salon and I didn’t have to leave my home
  • I found that to be pretty much true, but I think it will take a bit of practice to do a really good job with these strips
  • The other problem was that you have to put the strips on in EXACTLY the right position first time
  • So, yes, I will buy more of these strips and would recommend them to anyone wanting to neaten their brows at home

• by R_Machine

I was getting tired of getting my eyebrows waxed at the salon for $15 or more each time, not to mention having to make pointless conversation with the waxing technician. I gave up and tried threading but I had a particularly painful and eye-watering experience. So I decided to try doing it myself.

These eyebrow shapers are from the ‘Pretty Smooth’ brand. I bought them on eBay. They cost AU $2.93 plus AU $5.43 for postage, so less than the cost of a single trip to the salon and I didn’t have to

leave my home.

There are 28 wax strips per pack and the box claims that they are ‘quick and easy’ to use. I found that to be pretty much true, but I think it will take a bit of practice to do a really good job with these strips.

The general idea is that you stick the strips, which are like eyebrow shaped stickers, on your face. Press them down then rip them off, making sure to rip against the direction of the hairs. With a bit of luck all the hairs you

don’t want will be ripped off with the strip leaving only the good hairs in a shapely neat brow.

First of all, I couldn’t work out which way around the strips should go on my face. Maybe it depends whether you want your brows to arch up or down, but it wasn’t clear to me how I was meant to do it. So better instructions would help.

The other problem was that you have to put the strips on in EXACTLY the right position first time. Once they stick to your face you can’t ...

• Pretty Smooth Eyebrow Shapers
      pull them off without taking the hairs and you can’t stick a strip back down again after you’ve used it once. I found it quite tricky to stick them on and get them on the right angle. Get it wrong and you could end up with a strange expression on your face until the hairs grow back.

Because I didn’t put the strips on perfectly, I ended up using extra strips to take off the hairs that I didn’t get first time round. I assume that you should use four strips each time

– one each for the top of each brow and one each for the bottom of each brow. I used eight strips. Still, even using eight strips each time, a box of 32 strips will give me four brow jobs for less than the cost of one trip to the salon. So it’s definitely good value.

The results? I’m as happy with my brows now as I was last time I got them waxed. So, yes, I will buy more of these strips and would recommend them to anyone wanting to neaten their brows at home.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128121598740831/k2311a1228/12.28.12