St. Ives Green Tea Face Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • But green tea in general is good for the health for I thought a face product with green tea in it would be good for my face
  • Results wise I think this a pretty good scrub/cleanser

• by ani

I have acne prone skin and will do whatever to get rid of the acne. I’ve heard of green tea’s properties being good for the skin, especially skin that has a lot of red marks since the green counters them and makes the skin look balanced. But green tea in general is good for the health for I thought a face product with green tea in it would be good for

my face. I didn’t expect it to work miracles in getting rid of my acne but hoped it would do some good. I’m also wary of scrubs and don’t use too much of it since I’m afraid my acne bacteria will spread with harsh scrubs. So I bought this to try.

This scrub comes in a tube. To use it I open the cap and squeeze some out. This scrub surprisingly foams like soap, so I sprinkle some water on my hands and create a lather then proceed to scrub my face with it. I don’t really like the tube packaging much. On one hand it is sanitary but it is also not secure as the scrub can come spilling out and it would be a waste. But I guess I can always control the amount.

The consistency of this scrub is grainy.

• St. Ives Green Tea Face Scrub
      It is not like the apricot scrub also sold by St. Ives. It is much gentler than that which is good for me as harsh scrubs can cause more acne for me. I didn’t expect it to foam as normally scrubs are simple grainy pastes but I don’t dislike it. I can actually skip cleanser altogether using this and am thinking of replacing my cleanser with this since it is a
      two in one. I think it smells kind of nice too.

Results wise I think this a pretty good scrub/cleanser. It doesn’t break me out and I think I’m actually seeing some improvement in my skin condition. My acne appears slightly less though that maybe due to other factors but its happening while I’m still using this product so I think its good. I quite like it and I will buy it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117121597980831/k2311a1217/12.17.12