The Walking Dead TV show - S03 E08 The Mid-Season Finale  » TV  »
  • And I think most frustrating… will Andrea ever figure out what’s really going on
  • The main curiosity I have going into the rest of the season is definitely the entire dynamic of Carl’s character
  • Merle will only come because of Daryl and that should make for some interesting situations with the Governor and the rest of the group back at the prison

• by Corey Mead

The mid-season finale of “The Walking Dead” had a lot going on. The episode leaves you exactly where I hate it, on a cliff-hanger in every aspect imaginable wondering what happens next. What happens to Daryl? (Who really cares about Merle right?) Are the people safe at the prison with this new group of survivors? And I think most frustrating… will Andrea ever figure out what’s really going on?

Let’s start with the rescue of Glenn and Maggie. Rick and the gang infiltrated the town with ease, with the help of Michonne of course. It seems to me as though Rick still has a firm grasp of how to handle hostile situations with the living, not just the walkers. I also thought that Glenn using a walkers’ bones as weapons was genius. The show can be so dark with the humanity

of us all that it’s refreshing to see that some characters will still fight for their lives in the face of certain death. Let’s face it, if backup hadn’t showed up they would have been dead.

The whole deal with Michonne and the Governor didn’t really surprise me that much. Some part of me knew that if it had been Rick confronting him he wouldn’t have made it out alive. That being said, it leaves a lot to be offered to the upcoming episodes with him still being alive.

The main curiosity I have going into the rest of the season is definitely the entire dynamic of Carl’s character. He really stepped up when he investigated the noises and wouldn’t accept the rest of the group not allowing him to go. He handled the situation exactly how I feel his father would have, which is ...

• either a good or a bad thing. The preview at the end of the episode shows Carl questioning Rick’s role as the leader of the group. Could he be implying that he is better suited to be leader could the addition of this new group bring upon a potential new leader? Also, how will Carl’s ever-changing demeanor effect Rick’s relationship with the baby?

I personally believe that in the next part of the season Andrea will eventually side with her old crew. It is only a matter of time before she sees what all of the outsiders get to see of the Governor and I do believe she still feels she has a place with the other group. I would love to see her and Daryl get together actually, that would make for a good dynamic. I don’t think it will be too

long before she’s back with the old crew.

As for Daryl, and Merle I guess, I think they will be rescued by Rick. Merle will only come because of Daryl and that should make for some interesting situations with the Governor and the rest of the group back at the prison. Merle will only last if Daryl can get him to change his attitude but I still say there are too many problems waiting to happen with that scenario.

My guess is the Governor may even outlast this season. He seems to be rather persistent and has proven to be a worthy adversary in post-apocalyptic times. I absolutely hate the guy and want to see him suffer and die in the worst way possible; however, his character is fantastic and very well acted. I wouldn’t mind seeing him stick around if only to anticipate his end even more.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1014121597780731/k2311a1214/12.14.12