Game of Thrones TV series  » TV  »
  • As a result, it has become one of my favourite television series right now, so much that I can barely stop thinking about what the third season of it might be like
  • The families, the Lannisters, the Targarians and the Starks each have their own agendas when it comes to taking the throne and none of them are any less interesting
  • A part from the plot and setup, I find everything about this series addictive and amazing
  • The actors who impress me the most though are the children, who I think each have displayed astounding talent
  • I would recommend Game of Thrones to other fans of Spartacus since it’s just as graphic, but a little better executed and written

• by Redtape

Recently I was recommended the series “Game of Thrones” by a few other fans of the series “Spartacus”, which airs on the cable television channel Starz. As a result, it has become one of my favourite television series right now, so much that I can barely stop thinking about what the third season of it might be like.

The entire series is set in a Medieval time period with various fantasy elements thrown in, such as magic and the supernatural. For example, so far I’ve seen dragons, zombielike creatures that are known as whitewalkers, dark magic that helped win a war before it even began an assassin that can literally change faces like a chameleon and a young boy who can see into the future.

While the physical setting of Game of Thrones might remind most viewers of a medieval type Europe, I would still say that it’s slightly different. In the series, there is a great land which is divided into seven kingdoms. Each of the seven kingdoms is ruled by a

lord, similar to how things were in Medieval Europe with Feudal Lords. A king, who resides in the South regions reigns over all the people in these lands, and their lords.

By the end of season two, one can safely say that the main plot of Game of Thrones would be four families of noble birth battling over the seat to the throne after the king, Robert Baratheon died after a hunting accident. The families, the Lannisters, the Targarians and the Starks each have their own agendas when it comes to taking the throne and none of them are any less interesting.

The first family we are introduced to are the Starks. Edward Stark reigns as the lord of Winterfeld, a place located in the north of the great land. He fathered five children with his wife Lady Stark, and the second of the sixth children was fathered illegitimately by him.

As the episodes continue we realize that Edward Stark and the king Robert Baratheon have a friendship so deep that it has literally forged the bond among all the kingdoms but as soon as both men die the kingdoms become fragmented and go to war.

The Lannisters on the other hand include Tywin Lannister, the wealthiest man in all the seven kingdoms and his three adult children. These are the twins, Robert Baratheon’s queen and her brother Jamie Lannister and the youngest Lannister, a scholar named Tyrian. When we first meet them we learn of the loveless marriage between the king and queen and discover a scandalous secret they carry that would rattle all of the seven kingdoms.

The Targarians are the third family. These are the exiled adult children of the “mad king” Aries Targarian. Before Robert Baratheon lead a rebellion against him and became king of the seven kingdoms, the man who was then king, Aries, had begun to go mad as he got older. He became so insane that he murdered thousands of people and Robert and Edward led a rebellion against him. His two remaining children Daenerys and her brother are exiled ...

• Game of Thrones TV series
      in the east in a place across the sea from the seven kingdoms. Her brother uses her brutally in his schemes to get the throne that he believes belongs to him, and when he dies she begins leading an army to take the throne for herself.

The fourth family is the Baratheons. When King Robert dies, he is survived by two younger brothers who he never really liked. The older one, Stanis Baratheon who reigns as a lord in the North was named the new king by the hand of the king, Edward Stark. However, the younger brother who had a position in Robert Baratheon’s court also believed he was the one who deserved to be king.

A part from the plot and setup, I find everything about this series addictive and amazing. For example, the acting is almost perfect. It’s very believable and I have not seen one bad actor since the very first episode in season one. The actors who impress me the most though are the children, who I think

each have displayed astounding talent.

The dialogue is almost perfect too, as it flows in each scene and holds my attention. Perhaps the only problem that I have with the dialogue are the different accents which at times are a little hard for me to understand.

Right now I have three favourite characters. They are Aya Stark, Edward Stark’s youngest daughter, Daenerys Targarian and the mysterious assassin who can change faces.

I admire Aya Stark because she’s strong. She’s a fighter both literally and figuratively. She cannot see herself taking on the marginalized role of a noblewoman. She would rather swordfight and be something different.

I admire Daenerys Targarian for similar reasons. She had been in so many bad situations that I can’t help but see her as the underdog and wait for her to rise.

I admire the assassin for a slightly different reason. He’s very good at what he does.

I would recommend Game of Thrones to other fans of Spartacus since it’s just as graphic, but a little better executed and written.

yaswanth says :

re : I would recommend Game of Thrones to other fans of Spartacus since it’s just as graphic, but a little better executed and written
I complete entire series just now in this entire series i liked it but climax is very disappointing and dwarf character is very intersting and very strategic and intellegent person

Sakhi says :

I absolutely agree. It was well-paced, had well-developed characters. Even the side characters like the Dothraki tribe, Lord Varys, Tarly, all of them though notably the side characters had a seemingly huge impact.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1010121597520131/k2311a1210/12.10.12