EcoxGear Ecoxpro Waterproof Speaker Case for Smartphones  » Electronics  »
  • No need to worry about diminished sound because of the water or a crappy wireless experience because you place your phone or mp3 player in this case and plug it in
  • So basically the EcoxPro from EcoxGear is specially made to hold your mp3 player or smartphone, it holds my Samsung Galaxy S3 without a problem and is pretty universal as far as the sizes it holds-- though I can’t get the LG Intuition into it and I don’t see the Galaxy Note fitting either
  • I love that I can just start it and not worry about having to retrieve the device and find out why its not playing
  • Definitely recommend this for anyone that sails, kayaks, canoes, swims or spends any time out doors and in the water

• by Alpha2Zulu

I have been looking for something that lets me listen to my music on the water for a long time now, wasted lots of money on things that didn’t work too, so I am so excited to have found the Ecoxgear EcoxPro waterproof Speaker Case. No need to worry about diminished sound because of the water or a crappy wireless experience because you place your phone or mp3 player in this case and plug it in. Essentially you get the benefit of sound, security, and storage because you can stash a couple of small things in here when you are out exploring and don’t have anywhere to hold things. I have taken this small case with me on a couple trips, and not just into the water, but on

camping trips and stuff where I can really put it to the test in and out of the water.

So basically the EcoxPro from EcoxGear is specially made to hold your mp3 player or smartphone, it holds my Samsung Galaxy S3 without a problem and is pretty universal as far as the sizes it holds– though I can’t get the LG Intuition into it and I don’t see the Galaxy Note fitting either. It is first and foremost a waterproof speaker case, the back half of the case holds your phone in a netted pocket so that it is not bumping around in the case if you toss it in a pool or are running with it on. You can also fit your house key, cash and ID in the slot with your phone or just place it in the remaining place. Because of this I stuff my personal things in there and then just clip the whole things to myself when I am at the beach, jogging, bike riding or climbing because I don’t have to worry about anything getting lost or falling out of a pocket.

As for the waterproof ability of it, I was really worried when I got it that the seals would break and I would lose my phone– which contains half my life on it. I tested it out with older phones at first, sticking heavier things in it to see if it would keep floating too. Half a pound is the stated limit for buoyancy of the product and I never ...

• EcoxGear Ecoxpro Waterproof Speaker Case for Smartphones
      hit a point where it sunk in the pool so that much was good. In all the test I did I never had any water leak and I have not had that problem either while using it with my phone. The design is meant to be impact resistant so even if it bangs around the seal is not going to break. Along with the watertight feature there is a pressure valve that lets the device inside continue working even when you are at a high altitude, something most other designs do not account for and another reason this case is a good crossover case.

Once you plug your phone or mp3 player in you can set a playlist to begin and then adjust the speaker on the case so that

you can play your music. It floats face up so that there is no interference between the water and the speakers, like so many other models I have purchased. The speakers are loud, there are no breaks in the music because its not streaming wirelessly but plugged right into the device like a set of headphones. I love that I can just start it and not worry about having to retrieve the device and find out why its not playing. Super easy, super convenient and I love that this purchase gave me something that I would have had to buy anyway but got as a bonus from just purchasing a pool toy. Definitely recommend this for anyone that sails, kayaks, canoes, swims or spends any time out doors and in the water.

Azriel says :

This looked wonderful and would be happy to get one myself for several out of town trips, But I no longer own the Samsung SIII and if the Note couldn’t fit, I doubt if my Note 4 would fit in. Probably they would just release a bigger version for the Phablet phones. Thanks for sharing your review.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 167121597380231/k2311a127/12.7.12