Craftman LTS 1500 17hp Lawnmower with a 36′’ cut  » Housewares  »
  • I think that it is important to note that I did not buy this brand new from a store
  • The gator blades are great and definitely something that I will stick with in the years to come
  • It has a very comfortable seat and I like that pressure switch that cuts off the throttle when I get up

• by janeaustenfan

A few years ago I grew tired of mowing my lawn with a push mower. I have about an acre of land most of which is in my back yard. I admit that mowing the lawn with a push mower is great exercise however I wanted a ride on lawnmower. I did some searching and finally settled on Craftsman’s LTS 1500 with a 36’’ mower deck and cut path as well as a 17 hp Briggs and Stratton motor. I felt that for the amount of land that I have a 36’’ cut path is more than enough and 17

hp is plenty to carry me around my yard as well as pull any attachments that I may need (I use a lawn sweeper as well as a mower). I think that it is important to note that I did not buy this brand new from a store. I actually purchased it from a neighbor who bought it but did not like it. It only had about 4 hours on the motor and transmission so it was close enough to new for me. I only paid $400.00 for this mower but the previous owner did tell me that he paid almost $700.00 for it from Sears.

I have been using it for almost two years and it currently has about 16 hours on it but it is still running strong. It has a nice cutting height range with available blade settings between 1.5’’ and 4.0’’, which I usually use about a 2’’ maybe a 2.5’’. I have changed the original blades to what are called gator blades (sold at Lowes) on the advice of my neighbor. The regular blades are cheaper and they last awhile (I never changed them previous to putting the gator blades on) but they do not allow ...

• Craftman LTS 1500 17hp Lawnmower with a 36'' cut
      the grass to flow well under the deck and it has begun to affect my cut quality. The gator blades are great and definitely something that I will stick with in the years to come.

The mower is easy to run especially if you read the operating manual first. It has a very comfortable seat and I like that pressure switch that cuts off the throttle when I get up. Maintenance on this machine is relatively easy. I make sure to keep the air filter and the gas filter clean but they are both easy to reach. The machine is

also good on gas; a full tank will usually last me close to two months. The only thing that I do not like about this mower is the noise. Most lawnmowers are loud this is true but this particular one seems to be louder than most. I have gotten to a point that I must wear earplugs when operating this machine because the noise of the mower without them gives me a headache.

Overall, I think that this is a pretty good mower. It is good on gas, has great cutting power and is quick. The only thing that I would change is the noise.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 533121596870631/k2311a123/12.3.12