Black and Decker InfraWave Toaster Oven  » Housewares  »
  • It is much more convenient to cook food in this oven since it uses less energy and does not require preheating like the big one
  • For someone who wants a kitchen appliance that uses less energy, makes toast and bakes just about everything, I recommend this oven
  • Other than that, I love it and use it every day

• by Aphrodite

The standard toaster oven does little more than toast bread and reheat food. The Black and Decker InfraWave Oven is like a toaster oven and convection oven all in one. I use this oven more than the big gas stove. It is much more convenient to cook food in this oven since it uses less energy and does not require preheating like the big one.

I appreciate being able to stick one or two corn dogs on the baking tray and cooking for 20 minutes and not feel like I’m wasting electricity. I feel

like I’m being green using this oven because it uses a standard 3-prong plug in and sits right on my counter top. It is easy to use and I do not worry about my baby burning his fingers because he can’t reach up on the counter yet.

How I use This Oven to Cook:

I make toast by putting slices of bread on the middle rack and setting it to “toast”. It cooks for 4 minutes and toasts both sides of bread at the same time. I bake 4 potatoes in it with the “bake” setting and cook small tv dinners like “Michelina’s” and “Lean Cuisine” by putting the plastic tray on the baking pan that sits on top of the middle rack. It also fits small or single-serving frozen pizzas. This little oven cooks just about everything I cook in the big oven. Casseroles cook in 20 to 30 minutes, fries and chicken strips and small batches of cookies in 10-15 minutes.

Who this oven is perfect for:

This little oven is perfect for singles, couples and small families. I am a single parent with one small ...

• Black and Decker InfraWave Toaster Oven
      child, but I live with my daughter and her 3 kids. I make lunches for the kids in it every day. 6 corn dogs fit nicely on the oven tray and cook in under 30 minutes. I can also fit a small bag of chicken nuggets or crinkle cut fries and cook them in 20 minutes or less.

This probably would not work for large families because it only cooks portion sizes for 2-3 people. For someone who wants a kitchen appliance that uses less energy, makes toast and bakes just about everything,

I recommend this oven.

The only drawbacks to this toaster oven is the fact that it is not so easy to clean. The rack is removable but the lower heating elements get in the way of being able to wipe the bottom free of crumbs and burned food. Other than that, I love it and use it every day.

When I first started using this oven I only used it for making toast and heating TV dinners. I hated heating up the whole oven for one tv dinner, it seems like such a waste of energy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5329111596800430/k2311a1129/11.29.12