The Amazing Spiderman (movie)  » Movies  »
  • Unlike what some previously believed “The Amazing Spiderman” has absolutely nothing to do with the previous trilogy
  • At first I thought that the young blonde was actually a crude interpretation of Mary-Jane, but what I heard later on was that she was actually “Gwen Stacy”, Peter’s first love in the comic I was even more motivated to watch it
  • Gwen was played by the actress Emma Stone, who I think did a good job of playing her character even though I’m not one hundred percent sure what her character’s personality was like in the comic
  • I would most definitely recommend this more to people who like Spiderman

• by Redtape

Even though I originally had no intention of watching the new Spiderman movie because I’m a huge fan of the previous ones, I eventually changed my mind and watched it recently. Up to a few minutes before I still had some fairly low expectations of it, for me to realize that the movie was going to be great, and whatever low expectations I had were warranted.

Unlike what some previously believed “The Amazing Spiderman” has absolutely nothing to do with the previous trilogy. Instead this one is apparently supposed to be more based on the comic of the same name. In it, Peter Parker’s father was a scientist who disappeared after he was on the brink of an amazing but dangerous discovery, and refused to hand it over so it could be used for bad.

Similarly as in the movie, Peter grows up with his Aunt May and Uncle Ben after the

disappearance of his parents and just like in the movie his Uncle Ben is murdered by a criminal he decided to ignore.

Perhaps one of the biggest differences between this movie and the very first one from the Spiderman trilogy was Peter’s love interest. In this one she isn’t Mary-Jane but Gwen Stacy. I have to admit that this was one of the facts that initially turned me off from the movie when I was watching the trailer. At first I thought that the young blonde was actually a crude interpretation of Mary-Jane, but what I heard later on was that she was actually “Gwen Stacy”, Peter’s first love in the comic I was even more motivated to watch it.

Gwen was played by the actress Emma Stone, who I think did a good job of playing her character even though I’m not one hundred percent sure what her character’s personality was like in the comic. Nevertheless, I’ve come to the conclusion that she did a great job because of the obvious chemistry between her and the actor who played Peter.

It was a little hard coming to the decision of which scene was my favourite since I think that it’s a really good movie. However, I’ve managed to narrow it down to one of four moments. The one that impacted on me the most is when the Lizard Man makes his first real transformation on the bridge, and causes a disaster that leaves several cars literally hanging off of it with people inside. In one of them a frightened little boy is trapped inside, and I loved the part where Spiderman tries to save the little boy. When he is trying, the viewer realizes that getting the little boy out of the car would be tricky, and what the hero would have to ...

• The Amazing Spiderman (movie)
      do was find a way to get him to trust him enough to get him out. He does this by showing his face to him.

I thought that this scene alone spoke volumes about his personality and what a patient and trusting person he was. His patience manifested itself since he had to spend a very long time getting the little boy to trust him so he could save him. His trust manifested itself when he took off his mask and showed the little boy his face even though he had no idea whether or not the boy might betray his trust late.

Another scene from the movie that I loved was the one where Spiderman goes after the Lizard Man, and the audience can see how his heroism pays off when a group of demolishers place their cranes in front so they could create a path for him to take to

the Lizard Man’s lair. This benefited him especially since he was hurt and exhausted.

The only thing that I think could have been a little more profound was Peter Parker’s transformation into Spiderman. I think the trilogy made that scene a little more drawn out and I think the impact was better.

I also believe that Toby Mcguire had a little more charisma as Spiderman and Peter Parker than the new actor. Regardless, the new actor still played the part fairly well.

A part from the actors doing a wonderful job and the movie being well written and directed, and even the costume being well designed, I thought that the special effects were impressive too. While I didn’t think that a lot of them were half as impressive, especially with the camera angles as they were in the Spiderman Trilogy, I still liked it.

I would most definitely recommend this more to people who like Spiderman.

Rayshawn Davis says :

Even though im not a big superhero fan this movie was great. It was filled with action, comedy, romance and suspence. I would recomed this movie to anyone of all ages and gender. Only thing i disliked about this movie was it took a long time to get started and was very short. rate 10

Brian David Parker says :

I am not sure that this movie here was better than the other Superhero movies out there like Iron Man I II. I was glued to the TV watching both of them, but when I watched The Incredible Hulk, NOW THAT WAS THE MOVIE THAT MADE ME GREEN FOR MORE at the end of it. I am though with you on it taking more time than it should of to get it started.

Tyrese Burrell Manning says :

The Amazing Spider-man is a really good movie but not as good as the game. The Amazing Spider-man is a good and enjoyable movie but the other spider-man movies are better. They really shouldn’t have changed the guy that plays the role of Peter Parker and Peter’s lover Mary Jane has changed to his teacher Gwen Stacy.
So just to clarify it is a good movie but the previous movies are better.

Galega says :

It is definitely a good movie, but those of us who loved and adored the previous one was disappointed.

As you said, the change of the casting of Peter Parker was shocking. However, I was taken aback by the decision to not make Mary-Jane the center of the love interest in this movie.

Nonetheless, a movie worth investing your time.

Arianna says :

If you read the comics then you would know that this movie got the whole idea of “Peter Parker” wrong. I think that Peter Parker should be a nerdy, shy and he is kind of a wall flower in highschool, and i think that he should say that way. In the new spiderman he is standing up for other nerds, he is trying to get at Gwen and he is just kind of more confident, she shouldn’t be like this at all

Mike says :

re : I would most definitely recommend this more to people who like Spiderman
Yup Garfield’s performance was more of a popular yet smart kid act for his spiderman vs Toby’s as he was the shy and nerdy one

villains didn’t really tie in with spiderman either like the previous trilogy either too

Mike says :

re : I would most definitely recommend this more to people who like Spiderman
This Amazing Spiderman trilogy had too many plotholes and confusing moments too with the awkward moments of Peter Parker shared with Gwen Stacey.

The Lizard’s intention in the first movie didn’t really make a whole bunch of sense either as it was just too weird for his idea

The second movie where they tossed in Harry was just too strange too as he kept on reminding the audience or Peter that he was his best friend also the idea of giving his blood to him for his goblin disease didn’t make sense either

The first trilogy for Spiderman would probably be more recommended or the new one involving Tom Holland would be the highly recommended with how he pulled off the character and how well they made the story

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1129111596760430/k2311a1129/11.29.12