Likas Papaya Soap  » Health  »
  • Here is my experience with whitening soaps… Ever since I was in high school, I always wanted to lighten my skin to the fairest it can be
  • Again, I was disappointed with whitening soaps
  • Recently, I noticed my complexion was getting a bit darker and I hate seeing it whenever I look in the mirror
  • So I decided I have to give whitening products a second chance
  • Again, I love Likas for what it has done on my pores and for smoothing my skin so I still use it mainly for its exfoliating action

• by Milkshaye

I love this soap! It gave me a very smooth skin that I once dreamed of. Here is my experience with whitening soaps…

Ever since I was in high school, I always wanted to lighten my skin to the fairest it can be. I never trusted whitening soaps to do the job though because it seems they don’t work for me. When I was already working, a colleague recommended that I use kojic acid based soap, telling me that she was once really dark skinned but now she got lighter 1-2 shades. So I gave it a try and yes it did wonders on the whitening part but I got skin allergies all over my arms and legs. Again, I

was disappointed with whitening soaps.

Recently, I noticed my complexion was getting a bit darker and I hate seeing it whenever I look in the mirror. So I decided I have to give whitening products a second chance. Before doing that, I surfed the internet and read reviews about good whitening soaps. I found out there are great products in terms of skin lightening available in the market. Girls in vanity and beauty threads often talk about them including Likas. There are other effective brands but Likas seemed more pocket friendly. So I went to the mall, grabbed my Likas from the soaps section and gave it a try when I showered that night.

Likas is orange in color, very solid, and there is no strong scent. I used it all over my body and face and it lathers well. It does not melt easily too so a little goes a long way. I rinsed off and when I pat myself dry, I could see dead skin cells coming off. It is a good skin exfoliator. As for my face, I noticed and instant glow probably because it’s the new skin cells I’m seeing and the old cells were exfoliated away. It gave me this really smooth facial skin like it is polished, and the pores are almost nonexistent!

I continued to use it and in three days, my face lightened visibly. But my body did not. It ...

• Likas Papaya Soap
      just kept on peeling though. It took me two bars of Likas to notice changes on my body complexion. The whitening it gave was a healthy white, not the ghostly kind. This is a really good product in terms of exfoliation but if you want faster whitening, try other brands too. And that’s what I did. Also, I read that exfoliation should be done two to three times a week only. Using Likas papaya every day, morning and evening will be overdoing it.

Now, I’m using a glutathione based soap for my regular bath soap. It does not do peeling but pure whitening. Again, I love Likas for what it has done on my pores and for smoothing my

skin so I still use it mainly for its exfoliating action. I use it the way we should use exfoliants – two to three times a week. If you want a faster whitening results, you may want to try other soaps but if you’re willing to wait, then you can have Likas as your holy grail soap. It offers great benefits anyway so it’s worth the wait.

I will always be a faithful buyer of this soap. Though I don’t use it everyday, I still do twice a week. It gave me this polished look for my facial skin and it sloughs off dead skin cells on my body to give it a healthy glow. I certainly am a satisfied customer.

Likas Papaya Soap
Maya hafizah says :

re : Again, I love Likas for what it has done on my pores and for smoothing my skin so I still use it mainly for its exfoliating action
very difficult to get the soap, because many are imitating this product, I became worried

Galega says :

There are many Papaya based soaps in the market. But, calling them poor imitation may not be correct. Likas is available in almost all ASEAN countries. However, you can always buy a different brand with same ingredients. There isn’t anything to worry about.

Rova says :

re : Here is my experience with whitening soaps… Ever since I was in high school, I always wanted to lighten my skin to the fairest it can be
I am a pure filipina.so I have a morena skin-tone.Ever since my childhood days I always wished for a whiter skin.I bought lots of whitening soaps including papaya soap.although it makes my skin softer but my natural color never fades..

Galega says :

Papaya Soap is, in fact, intended to give the same result - making your skin radiant and glowing. It may be wrong to expect this soap to change the natural complexion of your skin. In a strict sense, you can say that this is not a whitening soap. You have got softer skin after using this soap and you should be satisfied with this result.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429111596640430/k2311a1129/11.29.12