The Emerald, chinese food restaurant  » Restaurants  »
1140 N. Grand Ave. Pullman, Wa, 99163
  • The Emerald is a Chinese food restaurant that has some of the best food in Pullman, Washington

• by NDW

Do you like food, if so this place should be your pick. The Emerald is a Chinese food restaurant that has some of the best food in Pullman, Washington. I regularly eat here and would gladly get food from this restaurant everyday if I had the money.

This is not only because of the food but also because of the owners and the employees. Every time that I go in they know me by name and know my order.

Every once in awhile I will try to switch the food up, but they know the essentials that I always pick which is Sweet

and Sour Chicken. I have tried this dish in many different cities, restaurants and states and it is never prepared as well as it is in The Emerald.

They give you large portions of chicken if you get the dinner meal and always seem to add a couple more if they know you. The food is at a great price for the portion that you get and there’s always a little extra, to keep you coming back.

Every waiter or waitress has a smile and warm greeting whether it is in the morning or 11 PM, summer or winter.

• It is a welcoming place to sit and have a cup of tea or dinner meeting and the booths look out into the slight bustle of the City of Pullman on Grand Avenue.

I have always felt at home and it is my place of comfort after long meetings or if I am with friends. With the mix of smells from white rice, beef, soy sauce, and many exotic dishes your mouth starts watering when you step in the door.

If it’s cold and snow is falling outside the Hot and Sour Soup is always a cure for the chills. Although the parking is

a little cramped I can always find a spot within 50 feet of the front door.

One of the most endearing facts about The Emerald is that it is run by a family who employs family members and there has been very little change so it always feels cozy. Whether you want a quick bite to eat or long talk with the owner about his family and business The Emerald is the place to go.

The smells, warmth, and cheer is the cure for the hardest day or most challenging problems. Be welcome and enjoy great food at The Emerald in Pullman, Washington.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 724111596330530/k2311a1124/11.24.12