Gillette: Venus and Olay Razor Blades  » Cosmetics  »
  • The main reason I decided to buy this was because of the 5 blades
  • I paid approximately $20 CAN for the pack of 4 blade refills
  • I was used to using 5 blades with my Embrace refills, but I thought the extra soap helped cause less shaving mishaps
  • The only problem I can see with them is that the Olay soap will run out faster than the blades become dull

• by PolkaDot

I feel like every time Gillette makes a new razor for women they decide to add an extra blade. In this case it has the same 5 blades that the Embrace does, but with the added Olay soap. The Venus and Olay razors are the newest to the Gillette line of razors for women.

Beside the other Venus razors this one is different because it has 5 blades for a closer shave. Also teamed up with Olay.

On either side of the blades there are soap-like bars that

are meant to help lock in moisture and “boost” your shave. The main reason I decided to buy this was because of the 5 blades.

I still use shaving cream and do not really need the extra moisture, but encase I was to run out of shaving cream it would be a save. I just wanted the closer shave so I wouldn’t have to worry about stubble being a bother sooner than later.

The price of the blades were at about the same price as the Venus Embrace blades. I paid approximately $20 CAN for the pack of 4 blade refills.

I still have been using the razor handle from my Venus Breeze. Every new razor Gillette comes out with has the same handle, just a different colour.

All the handles fit on new blade refills so whenever you feel the need to change to a new blade you can without buying a new razor!

When I tried the new Olay blade I shaved my legs and underarms. The glide on the razor was nice and flowing.

...

• Gillette: Venus and Olay Razor Blades
      I still used shaving cream, but I could tell the difference the Olay soap bars made when they glided on my skin. The soap bars made a slight slime-like trail as I shaved, but the bars made it less likely to cause razor-burn and any cuts.

I was used to using 5 blades with my Embrace refills, but I thought the extra soap helped cause less shaving mishaps. I give the blades an overall 9.

The only problem I can see with them is that the Olay soap will run

out faster than the blades become dull. When you have a razor blade that stands out because of the added soap/moisture you don’t want to continue using it when the soap runs out.

It just becomes an ordinary blade. This also causes you to spend more money in the long run because blade refills are pricey.

In the end it is up to the buyer if this is worth buying because just buying a razor with 5 blades and having a good bar of soap or shaving cream will do just fine for your legs!

Shelby Quintus says :

re : The only problem I can see with them is that the Olay soap will run out faster than the blades become dull
This razor gives such a close shave and doesn t leave any irritation. Definitely one of my favorites.

Innocent says :

It’s durable and the blades are placed in such a manner that it allows for comfort. The after shave results are amazing too just so smooth.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318111595210630/k2311a118/11.8.12