Greystone Lodge at Ripley’s Aquarium, Gatlinburg, TN  » Hotels  »
2.5
559 Parkway Gatlinburg, TN 37738
  • But there was one feature in the room that killed the whole experience for me
  • The staff was friendly and the room was clean, but that one cabinet problem killed it for me

• by sarahdragon26

When my husband said we were staying at the Greystone Lodge at Ripley’s Aquarium in Gatlinburg, I had to make sure he didn’t have a fever. The Ripley’s Aquarium is a tourist attraction in the tourist town of Gatlinburg, TN, but apparently there is a hotel right behind the Ripley’s building. I didn’t know that and for $175 dollars a night, I could have forgotten it. But my husband was willing to pay the $175 a night for a few days.

The hotel has what they called a Deluxe Continental Breakfast available in the lobby. It was the basics. It was mostly bagels, cereals, doughnuts and juice. No offense, but that’s not Deluxe. I see deluxe as being bacon and eggs, waffles,

pancakes, etc. They’re breakfast menu was a simple continental breakfast that I would have gotten at a normal hotel that charged me less money for my stay in the tourist town. I wasn’t thrilled when we checked in and were told that the only wireless internet available was in the lobby. Again, another thing that moderately priced hotels can make available in all hotel rooms.

As for the room we stayed in, we got the standard room with two queen sized beds. The room was located on the second floor with French doors that opened onto a balcony overlooking Gatlinburg. The French doors were nice, but looking over Gatlinburg is like looking over Kissimmee in Florida. You’ve seen it a hundred times ...

• and it’s just not something you’d sit on a balcony and look at it. But the Smokey Mountains behind the town made up for the unimpressive town view. The design of the room was mostly a basic design with a TV, dressers, etc with a muted color scheme. The bathroom was a fairly good size where I wasn’t hitting my elbows every time I turned around. But there was one feature in the room that killed the whole experience for me. And made it so I will have great reservations about ever staying at the Greystone Lodge again. It has to do with a cabinet that is right at the entrance of the room, literally right at the door. When I first
        entered the room, I walked right into it. I physically walked right into it. And during the whole stay, I must have hit that cabinet at least ten times exiting and entering the room. Who puts a cabinet right at the entrance of a hotel room where people could walk right into it?

The staff was friendly and the room was clean, but that one cabinet problem killed it for me. And I don’t think I’ll be spending another $175 a night for a hotel that offers exactly what the Days Inn offers, but for only $100 a night where I got a decent breakfast, internet in my room, and no cabinet at the entrance of my hotel room for me to run right into.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28111595190530/k2311a118/11.8.12