Silk Fruit & Protein Fruit Juice: Mixed Berry
  • My initial reaction was that this was some kind of blended smoothie in a carton and was going to have a thick consistency that I usually avoid
  • It was actually quite smooth and definitely delicious
  • I personally recommend serving it chilled and over ice
  • Overall I love this product and will be adding it to my monthly grocery list

• by nitakb

I was given the pleasure of trying this new product from Silk during the summer when my mother brought home a half gallon of it. My initial reaction was that this was some kind of blended smoothie in a carton and was going to have a thick consistency that I usually avoid. But to my surprise

it wasn’t thick. It was actually quite smooth and definitely delicious. Not only is it tasty but it has a good source of Vitamin C, D and a source of calcium. One eight-ounce cup serving of it is only a hundred and thirty calories and only fifteen calories of fat, which is pretty good if you’re counting calories and want something good to add with breakfast or a snack, this is a good choice. It’s not packed with all the other unhealthy ingredients like other brands of fruit juice. It has a smooth taste that isn’t tart and not super sweet but just right. I personally recommend serving it chilled and over ice.

An ...

• Silk Fruit & Protein Fruit Juice: Mixed Berry
      important thing that I will point out is that it is not a meal replacement. It will not fill you up unless you guzzle down a good three full cups of it. It’s a great addition to an already balanced meal or a light snack but not a beverage meant to take the place of actual food.

Price: I can usually catch this on sale here where I live but it typically runs from about $2.00 to about $4.00. Now if you’re a Kroger customer you can catch the small carton of it for $1.99 with Kroger card.

Overall I love this product and will be adding it to my monthly grocery list

AJ Gray says :

Silk Fruit and Protein is a good deal for the (about) $ 4.00 that the product will cost at Ahold supermarkets or Kroger markets or most grocery stores, when it is not on sale, and the purchaser does not have a coupon. Coupons are readily available for Silk Fruit and Protein, and will be mailed to one’s residence once per year, upon request - however, finding this product at the local supermarket might not even be that easy.

There are four pint-sized smoothies in the carton. Everyone likes them, at least one person will want whipped cream on top, one hungry girl or boy will request more fruit, while a hard-working individual will want more protein in the shake. Silk Fruit and Protein is not a custom product, it aims to please everyone for about the price of a quart or liter sized bottle of kefir, which is a meal.

Silk Fruit and Protein drink is not as thick as a smoothie from a smoothie bar or kefir, it’s good in cereal, and goes down faster than yogurt for people who have someone talking at them all the time and consider unresponsiveness to be rude.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 278111595180530/k2311a118/11.8.12