Windows 8 Pro  » Software  »
  • I have been testing it for a while, and from the computer not being on, to fully functional, it took approximately 15 seconds which in my opinion is extremely fast
  • I recommend it to even the people that absolutely hate Microsoft and Windows

• by Ben

Microsoft has released yet another version of Windows. This version by far has gone above and beyond my expectations. I was ‘going in blind’ with my purchase of Windows 8 Pro, not knowing what to expect was kind of a bad feeling. The only information I had on it was from some videos on the internet. I knew sort of what it was like but not how it felt.

I received my copy of Windows 8 Pro a few days after it was released on October 26th of this year. I went ahead and put it on

my computer, on my new Solid State Drive. I have been testing it for a while, and from the computer not being on, to fully functional, it took approximately 15 seconds which in my opinion is extremely fast! While the interface of Windows 8 was developed with a ‘Touch Screen’ in mind, it is as easily accessible with a mouse and keyboard.

Now there are some downfalls of the new system which will be worked out with new updates and service packs which will come out with time. One key downfall is that some of the ‘Apps’ that can ...

• be downloaded off of the Microsoft Store can make the system slow down to a crawl, and if you don’t know what you are doing you could think that Windows 8 is junk and that it is slowing your computer down like no other. I promise you, unless your computer doesn’t have great specs, it is not Windows 8’s fault. With my computer Windows 8 is very fluid and very well designed.

Now with Windows 8, many of the settings/folders you knew in Windows 7/Vista/XP like your ‘Control Panel’ and ‘My Computer’ are in different places and I didn’t receive

a notification on where those were located, but they are in your ‘Apps’. If you have Windows 8/Pro if you would right click in the Windows 8 Home or Apps Screen you get a popup which allows you to choose ‘All Apps’ and you will find all your settings/folders all nicely in a row. Once you figure out where all your settings can be accessed from and how to navigate your copy of Windows 8/Pro, you will absolutely fall in love with this new operating system.

I recommend it to even the people that absolutely hate Microsoft and Windows.

Bravo Microsoft. Bravo.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 308111595170530/k2311a118/11.8.12