Esso Clerk at 3800 Kingston Road, Scarborough  » Business  »
1.0
3800 Kingston Rd. Scarborough, Ontario
  • The attendant knew I was right about the promotion, but I don't think he wanted me to say he was wrong
  • I know from experience working in customer service that you have to please the customer because they are what makes a business run

• by PolkaDot

I usually stop on my way home from work to the Esso station at 3800 Kingston road because it has gas at a slightly cheaper rate than the standard price. With stations just up the street that have a lower price like Pioneer and Shell, the Esso station competes with the price and when it comes to gas the price that is a bit lower it’s better for saving money in the long run. So like any other day I go to this gas station to fill up this

day is different.

While pumping my gas I saw a sign that said if the attendant forgets to ask if you want a luxury car wash then you would get a free one. This was a new promotion that started and that is only on for a limited time.

I went inside like I normally do to pay and the same attendant, Ateeq, was at the desk. When it was my turn to pay I told him my pump number and he motioned with his hand for me to pay at the pin pad.

I knew in my head that he did not ask me about the car wash so before I completed the transaction I said to him in simple words, “You did not ask if I wanted a car wash”. As soon as I said that Ateeq’s facial expression changed into a sour look and he responded with, “You were not done your transaction, I was going to ask you and you could see the car wash signs here on the counter”.

At that ...

• Esso Clerk at 3800 Kingston Road, Scarborough
      point I just didn’t want to be any more embarrassed. There was a line-up of other customers and even the Tim Hortons employee was staring at me.

I just told the attendant not to worry about it, finished paying and left. The attendant knew I was right about the promotion, but I don’t think he wanted me to say he was wrong.

In customer service that is not the way to react. I know from experience working in customer service that you have to please the

customer because they are what makes a business run.

I give this station a 2 out of 10. I went home that night very frustrated, not only because I didn’t get the free car wash, but because I felt embarrassed being there in the middle of rush hour with all eyes on me.

Whenever I have gone to that station to pump my gas I have had the same attendant and he has never seemed very pleasant. I usually just pay and go, but in this situation I needed to vent!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 416111594950630/k2311a116/11.6.12