Kellogg’s Special K proteins shake  » Food  »
  • This is certainly not the case with Kellogg's Special K protein shakes, which I was happy to discover have exactly the same calorie content as the slim fast diet shakes that I'd been using for some time (190), but without that metallic taste that always lead me to mix in piles of sugar and flavouring
  • I certainly felt the effects of the thermogenic quality of the protein, which boosts your metabolism, but didn't feel the onset of hunger, which is so often a problem
  • I would certainly recommend it to anyone else out there who either wants to maintain their weight, or wants to shift those last few pounds

• by groupepub

Like many of us who could stand to lose a few pounds, I’ve always been on the lookout for a new exercise routine or weight-loss alternative. However, I’ve always been a bit sceptical about diet fads such as protein shakes and bio-yogurt, so I wasn’t expecting much when a friend recommended me Kellogg Special K protein shake.

Most protein shakes have tended to be either sour-tasting

or utterly tasteless (which is somehow even worse!), often leading you to add sugar or chocolate flavouring yourself, which itself adds to the calorie count and defeats the object of the exercise. This is certainly not the case with Kellogg’s Special K protein shakes, which I was happy to discover have exactly the same calorie content as the slim fast diet shakes that I’d been using for some time (190), but without that metallic taste that always lead me to mix in piles of sugar and flavouring!

They’re available in several flavours, e.g. chocolate, raspberry, banana, so you can mix it up and don’t have to deal with the same old metallic or just plain grim taste every day like with most alternative brands. As a meal replacement, these shakes work ...

• Kellogg's Special K proteins shake
      really well – they’re certainly better than many of the alternatives both in terms of taste and calorie count.

I tried the shake over five days, taking the drink cold once a day in place of breakfast. Despite working out before the lunch, I didn’t get hungry for a good few hours – certainly an improvement on a previous meal-replacement brand I tried, which didn’t really

fill me up at all on top of being unpleasant to drink. I certainly felt the effects of the thermogenic quality of the protein, which boosts your metabolism, but didn’t feel the onset of hunger, which is so often a problem. I would certainly recommend it to anyone else out there who either wants to maintain their weight, or wants to shift those last few pounds!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 275111594850930/k2311a115/11.5.12