Straight Talk Cell Phone Service
  • My first customer service experience with Straight Talk was an utter nightmare
  • My first phone had only cost me $60, had less features, and did not include a headset or case
  • I love having unlimited data, SMS, and talk time for just $45/mo
  • All in all, I would recommend Straight Talk cell phone service to anyone – I just hope you have a better customer service experience as opposed to the first nightmare that I experienced

• by Zoey7879

Straight Talk cell phone service is provided exclusively through Wal-Mart. Straight Talk is a subsidiary of Trac-Phone. The company offers cell phones three basic month-to-month calling plans and a variety of phones suited for the most subtle or most avid cellular phone user.

Straight Talk offers two basic cell phone plans: limited and unlimited. The limited option offers up to 1,000 minutes of airtime for just $30.

The basic unlimited cell phone package offers unlimited voice calling, unlimited SMS/text messaging, and unlimited data transfer. The company offers a wide variety of flip-phones, sliders, and SmartPhones.

I purchased service from Straight Talk while I was visiting in New Mexico during

the summer. I have never experienced difficulty with either phone that I have had through the company.

I purchased a Samsung through Straight Talk before I returned home and although both the company and their coverage maps assured me that I should have service in my hometown, the phone went dead the moment I hit the city limits, less than two weeks after being purchased and activated. My first customer service experience with Straight Talk was an utter nightmare! The call service representatives barely spoke English and they could barely understand me.

The first time that I called I spent more than an hour on the phone with the ...

• service rep. I was assured that a replacement phone was on its way.

Two weeks later, still without a phone, I called Straight Talk again. The first customer service representative had never processed my claim!

I spent another hour on the phone with their English-illiterate call service agents and was again promised a replacement phone and a reimbursement of the airtime I lost due to the first customer service representative.

Although we had difficulty understanding each other, the service agents this time were very thorough in making sure that they had the information correct. I received my new phone a few days later – A phone that was

valued well over $200.

They also included a headset and Otter box. My first phone had only cost me $60, had less features, and did not include a headset or case.

I have never had an abnormal disruption of service with Straight Talk even when passing through some very rural and isolated areas. Their service plans are an excellent bargain at discount prices.

I love having unlimited data, SMS, and talk time for just $45/mo. Straight Talk customer service however, is terrible, terrible! All in all, I would recommend Straight Talk cell phone service to anyone – I just hope you have a better customer service experience as opposed to the first nightmare that I experienced!

Straight Talk Cell Phone Service
    Elizabeth M Fithian says :

re : My first customer service experience with Straight Talk was an utter nightmare
    The real issue is the customer service reps do not speak english and you’re not getting to talk to someone that understands you. 2cnd.. They just don’t listen..You have to take detailed notes when do finally get a hold of someone otherwise they will walk all over you.

Zoey7879 replies :

Both people I spoke with at Straight Talk spoke English. Yes, it was noticeable that English wasn’t their first language, they were understandable.

They listened to my problem just fine, without interrupting and they remedied the issue immediately by lroviding me with a better product than I had I had that phone from 2012-2015 and never had a problem with it.

gautam ganguly says :

I have had straighttalk service since 2011. Initially I got a Nokia e71 which was a disaster but the phone service was ok - att. Finally the phone got to be too much and in 2013 I got - you guessed it a Nokia 925. I got a t Mobil sim and struggled to see bars often. Finally it got very bad. I could not see yelp in san Francisco. End of April 2015 I decided to switch. I went off for the weekend and had no signal for route guidance. The bars went missing even at home. I am done.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 225111594810930/k2311a115/11.5.12